24 : Asking Him

The following chapter contains explicit material intended for an 18+ audience ONLY

_____

Mickey works too much and I hate it. Between meetings, the gym, the studio, and working in the home office, the only time we're actually next to one another is when we're fucking or sleeping. I've never been in a situation where I found myself missing someone I spend hours with each day, but here I am. The dick has gone to my head.

And the love, or whatever. But mostly the dick.

The clinic is slow today and it sucks. My skin aches when I realize I haven't heard from him all day. I know he's busy, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to talk to him.

Me: Hi baby! 

How's it going?

A full minute passes as I wait for the dots to appear, but they never do. No luck. Yet again.

I really don't want to go back to logging records and loneliness, so I message the person who should be keeping me company.

Me: Hi bestie

The dots appear instantly and I start to feel happy.

Maggie: Hi pretty girl! 

How are you?

Me: I miss you! Work is 

lame when you're gone

Maggie: I knowww! 

How will you survive?

Me: No idea :(

How is Nevada?

Maggie: It sucks a 

bunch of dick ;)

I stifle my laugh in the quiet room. She cracks me the fuck up.

Another text comes through, but it isn't from the person I want.

Mom: Hi my Pretty Penny! 

I hope everything is 

going well in California. 

We haven't talked 

in a while. I miss 

you. I want to hear 

all about your new life. 

Could you call me 

when you have a 

free moment?

I know I should try to make peace, but I don't want to give into her again.