Lighting, Pain, and a Kiss

A/N: I just found out that Maven is bisexual (I had a suspicion) and I am so shook like I'm crying? I'm so happy? Anyway...To anyone else reading, please review, favorite, and/or follow. Please keep in mind this story will always be told in Mare's POV.
~Feminist Queen 

I do not own the Red Queen series :(

________________

Enjoying my discomfort, he bent down so we were face to face.

"The people want to see you suffer. Who am I to deny them that?"

I glare at him and he smirks back. We stay like this for three seconds or three years, I do not know.

Maven stands upright and hands the leash to the Arven on my right. He begins to walk away and I am quickly hoisted up by my arms and forced to follow him.

Still unable to walk from the pressuring silence, I lag behind. Every few steps I am roughly shoved forward, making me stumble.

The trip is a blur, not only because of my wavering consciousness but from my bleary eyes. They struggle to make sense of what they see but in the end can not grasp the situation. I need to know what's happening, I need to feel again. I glower in my captor's direction as severe as I can.

Maven barely even turns his head.

"I know you want the Arvens to go away so you can strike me down," he says. Oh how correct he is. "It's very clear in your eyes what you want. But be careful, once I am finished with you, you will beg for the silence."

My heart freezes and before I can do anything I am thrust into a room. Given no time to process my surroundings, the Arvens move ahead of Maven. They force me down with metal straps wrapped in some kind of plastic. I lay on the cold, metal table, wide awake (although a little disoriented). I turn my head to the side and sigh quietly.

Sharp blue eyes met mine and I quickly turn away, surveying where I am.

A camera blinks at me from across the room, its lens glistening in the bright light. The white walls are bland and boring while the high ceiling makes me a dizzy. I close my eyes. An Arven stands on both sides of me, their pressure never ending.

I think back to what Maven said. I will beg for silence? Right now it's everything I don't want. With my powers back I could kill at least three fourths of the people in this room in seconds before Maven or the guards stop me.

What are they going to do to me?

I begin to sweat, anticipation and fear building up in my chest, ready to burst out. That mostly means that the pain they-no, Maven, will cause will be so drastic I will beg to go back to the silent stone cell.

'Hold in the screams for as long as you can. You can't let your weakness show,' I tell myself. 'For my family and for the Guard, act as brave as you can, as unwilling. Struggle as if you're mad, not in fear.'

Despite the consequence that the organization's image could be hurt, I start to worry.

Maven walks to me, leaning down to whisper in my ear.

"You used your lightning to kill her. Now, I will do the same to you." He says so quietly I barely hear him.

My blood runs cold, eyes wide. This is it, I'm going to die. He's going to use my powers against me; he's going to burn me, mutilate me, and watch me scream until I am no longer living.

"No," Maven smiles and shakes his head, seeing my terrified eyes. "You are not allowed to escape through death. Although, I will make sure you fully feel the extent of what your powers can do."