Broken Hand

A/N: Thank you to all that reviewed! I run on reviews so the more I get the more motivated I am.

Lots of love

I do not own the Red Queen Series.

__________________________

I force myself to stop crying and get up as a cold voice rang out.

"People of Norta, the punishment will now begin."

The Arvens release me from their silent clutches, the familiar tingle spreading through my body. Panic courses through my veins at the sensation, reminding me of the Sounder. My hands shake with the memory and I try furiously to remain calm. If I didn't, I would be the reason Gisa and I died.

Although, I doubt Maven would let me.

My lightning is slow to return, and even harder to control. I try to force out a lightning spark, but instead they twinkle on the tips of my fingers and dance on my palm.

I shove Gisa behind me as the door on my side slid open. Three silvers step out, their wide smirks greeting me. A strong arm, a nymph, and...

I growl, my fists turning into claws. Ptolemus winks at me, grinning when I glower back. Anger collides with the electricity racing beneath my skin.

It is a dangerous mix.

The feelings helps coax the lightning out, the electricity curling along my hands.

Plotemus killed Shade without a thought, without remorse. I'll do the same for him.

Lightning races up and down my arms as I take a defensive stance. Behind me Gisa shakes like a leaf, her hands clenched into tightly.

The nymph is the first to attack, using the water from a bucket I hadn't noticed before. She lashes out at me with a whip of water.

I push Gisa to the side and jump with her, the water missing us by a hair.

"Gisa," I whisper into her ear. "Go, follow and stay behind me."

I throw her a strict nod before attacking the nymph back. But before I can strike her, shards of metal fly down on us.

Gisa screams and I shoot up lightning. I manage to deflect most of them, however a few sharp pieces rain down. They cut through my ragged clothing and Gisa's bare arms. She lets out a cry, grabbing the small wounds.

"Mare!" She gasps.

"No time," I groan as I rush to the opposite side of the room. As I go I strike Plotemus's armor with a quick lightning bolt. It races up and down his metal coverings, stunning him momentarily. The crowd roars with displeasure, booing me as I hit him over and over as Gisa and I run. The magnetron tries to dodge them, and I can tell him is getting both tired and angry.

As Plotemus attempts to rip the electricity off, the nymph and strongarm advance toward us. I throw a ball of lightning at them, one of the spheres grazing the strongarm. He stumbles slightly. The nymph glares at me before retaliating with a wave of water.

I tug Gisa to the right, trying to get her to safety. She screams something unintelligible before pushing me forward. Terror fills me as I fall in front of the nymph. She laughs at my small form, raising her hands above her slim figure. The water follows her, and before I can move she claps her hand together.

As the water engulfs me, I claw at it and cry out.

'Bad mistake,' I think as the cold liquid fills my mouth. It's pushed down my throats and into my lungs slowly.