Headphones

Adam's Pov

I pulled Jason off to the side, after fake punching him a couple of times to get Alex's and Jerome's beielf. "Are you okay?" I ask him. He nods, fear coating his eyes. "Dont cry.. It's gonna be okay." I said, and he nods, swallowing a scream of sorrow. "Why did he make you do this?" Jason asks, pointing towards the others. "I have no idea. And honestly, I don't think I want to.." I reply. Jason nods, then fakes a few whimpers as Jerome and Alex's attention turned back to us.

He gave It his best.
Tried to fit in.
He tried to be cool.
But he never could win.
His mom thinks he's great.
Kids thinks he's weird.
Honestly, he wish he could disappear.

I grip Jason's shirt and hold my fist up, pretending to threaten him. "Now don't show your face here again!" I fake yell, winking at Jason slightly. Jason nods vigorously, whimpering. But there was a smile dancing in his eyes. Alex throws Ty to the ground, while Jerome gives Mitch a good punch in his gut. "Alex! Jerome! Enough! We're going to be late for class." I say. I let go off Jason's shirt, beginning to walk away.

Why you try, try to be like the rest of them
When you know there's so much more within
There's only one you
Here's what you gotta do

Jason scramble to Mitch and Ty. God I feel bad for them. Ever since Alex started forcing me and Jerome to beat up our crushes; Jason, Ty, and Mitch are extremely terrified. "Hey Jerome. Can I talk to you? Alone?" I ask, pulling him off to the side. I could tell he was about to ask the same thing. "Head off to class Alex. We'll be there in 5." Jerome states.

Whoa, whoa
Anytime you feel alone, put on your headphones
Love, love's coming through your headphones
Anytime you feel alone, put on your headphones
Love, love's coming through your headphones
Love is coming through your headphones

I could tell he had had enough of hurting Mitch. Or trying to fake it, like me. I nod to him. "So what are you doing after school today?" He asks. "Jason and I have plans tonight. You?" "I'm taking Mitch out to dinner." "What do you think Alex is going to say when we say we already have plans?" "He's probably gonna kick our asses." Jerome and I chuckle as Jason and Mitch come towards us.

"Hey." Mitch greets. "Hey. Sorry for what happened. Alex is pretty pissed off lately." Jerome apologizes. "Hm?" Jason questions, looking up from his phone. "Veronica broke up with him. And he's had a crush on Ty for THE longest time." I explain. Jason nods, leaning up and kissing my cheek. "So we still on for tonight?" Jason asks. "Yep. I'll pick you up at 8." I reply, kissing his forehead. "Jerome, are we still going to dinner?" Mitch asks. "Sure are babe. What time do you want me to pick you up?" "About 10ish okay?" "Thats fine with me." Jerome states.

TIME SKIP CAUSE SCHOOL SUCKS

Jerome's Pov

I wait outside of the school doors for Mitch. I constantly check the time. 1:27. No Mitch yet. Then, I spot Mitch running towards me with a smile on his face. "Jerome!" He calls, running to me. I smile, spreading my arms apart. He hugs me tight, then let's go a few minutes later. He looks up at me and I kiss his lips quickly.

He gets in his car
He falls apart
It came to an end
And now it's breaking his heart
He wants to give up
Wants to try again
Honestly he doesn't know what he's feeling