A Machete, A Revealing, An Apology

Welcome to another chapter! This one is one of my favorites, just because I love Josh and Bo.

Happy Reading!

"Hey, Sam! Wake up!" A voice echoed. Sam's tired eyes awoke to find no one in the room. "Sam!" It whispered again. Looking again around the room to find the source of noise, Sam noticed a little hole where no one other than Mike stared back at her.

"Mike?" She whispered back in disbelief. He shushed her as she leaned forward in her chair, ignoring the fact she was still in a towel.

"What?" She squinted her eyes.

"Get over here!" Mike continued to whisper-yell. Staring at her current condition, her arms and legs tied around a swirly chair, she obeyed and pushed herself closer to Mike. "Give me your hands." He ordered as Sam turned herself around with her chair, showing off her binded hands while he cut them with his cool machete.

"Ouch." She hissed, rubbing her wrists when she was fully freed. "Damn, that rope was tight." She took hold of the blade and cut her ankles free as well. "But thank God you found me." She leaned down to get a better look into the hole.

"It's okay, you're okay." Mike assured her.

"What happened to your fingers?" Sam ignored his previous statement, in awe at the mutilation of Mike's hand.

"Yeah..." He sighed. "And I'm the lucky one."

"Jesus, what happened!?" She demanded.

"There's a fucking maniac on that mountain that's trying to kill us all!" Mike explained bluntly, leaving no points behind.

"This guy that you're talking about? Yeah, he attacked me." She said through gritted teeth, feeling angry at herself for not fighting back more. Sam felt as though she could have done more to prevent this from happening to herself. "He showed me videos, too. And one he showed me was Josh being murdered. Right next to Bo. It was fucking awful."

"Jesus..." Mike cursed under his breath.

"He was cut right in half by a saw blade on wheels."

"What is even going on around here? Listen, there's a door here and it won't open. Can you unlock it from your side?" He stratigized. Sam nodded before grabbing a hold of her backpack and pulling out a flashlight, strapping it on her back, opening the door as well. Her barefeet hit the stone cold ground, and felt shivers run up her spine. She wasn't necessarily clothed for chilly weather. She wasn't necessarily clothed at all. Walking down cement steps, she reached a door locked with a piece of wood blocking any exit. Pulling the wood off with a huff, she threw it over her shoulder and as quietly as possibly, careful not to attract any attention to herself.

Sam opened the door with a flourish to see Mike in the flesh, hobbling out of her way.

"Hey!" He greeted her, softly.

"You look like hell!" Sam complimented, skipping the introductions.

"Nice to see you, too." Mike said, sarcastically as she walked past him. She pulled spare clothes from her pack. "What are you doing there?"

"Well, I can't kick maniac ass with a towel on, now can I?" She snorted, unfolding the sport leggings and red sweatshirt. When she noticed Mike still standing there, she raised an eyebrow. "Do you mind, Mike?" She twirled her fingers to signal for him to turn around.

"Oh! Right!" He did as he was asked, awkwardly.

"Alright, done." She said, after fixing her top on and placing the towel in her backpack. Suddenly, the two of them heard sniffling and shouting in a whole different room. Sam wasn't able to distinctly identify them but she had best guessed it was Ashley and Chris.