A Map, A Torch, A Spirit

This chapter is kind of short, but I needed to end it somewhere, so here you go! Another chapter of NO MORE! Happy Reading!

"Turn this way." Bo mumbled from beneath the map. The rusty corridors of the tunnel they were in created a torturous atmosphere.

"Are you sure? There's a door at the end of this hallway if we keep going straight." Mike shone his flashlight at the end to reveal a strange steel door.

"I'm the one with the goddamn map, turn this way." She pushed in front of him.

"When did you become so pushy?" Mike fought, following behind her.

"When you put a gun to Em's head. You know, if you listen to someone other than yourself for once, maybe I wouldn't be so 'pushy'." She pulled her voice deep and low to mock Mike, placing the map down so it wasn't covering her face.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking straight." Mike apologized.

"That's for sure." She rolled her eyes, but then turned around to face him. "Listen, I guess I can try and be more patient with you. I'll act like I never even saw what happened ten minutes ago, and we can start over, but you gotta start thinking, buddy, alright?"

He nodded his head. "Yes, ma'am. I'll lead the way then." As Bo let him proceed, she continued to look at the map. "Hey, another door." Mike opened it but it seemed to groan in the process. Both Bo and Mike stopped and stayed silent to hear for any movement. When nothing was heard, they continued on. "So, you're really forgiving Josh after what he did to you?" He started conversation.

"I guess so. I know he tried everything in his power to keep me from harm, it just didn't turn out how he wanted it to. Besides, for better or worse, right?" She answered, shrugging her shoulders. "Turn right again." She directed him as he followed her instructions.

"That's pretty noble of you. You're very forgiving, it seems." Mike admitted.

"Well, my dad is- never mind." Bo went to say, but stopped herself.

"Your dad is what? A drunk? In jail?" Mike tried to finish for her.

"No, no, not at all." Bo furrowed her eyebrows together and shook her head. "He's a pastor." She decided to just let it loose and say it, and it actually felt good, to let go of the secret she thought was so awful.

"Oh, so you're like religious and shit."

"And shit, yeah." She rolled her eyes. "Up these stairs. Yeah, I was pretty much raised to forgive and treat others the way you want to be treated. I guess if I made an awful mistake like Josh did, I'd want you guys to forgive me. Especially if I was being carried away by a Wendigo."

They made their way up the broken stairway and into the next hallway, the noise of the pipes above them making them cautious.

"What happened?" Mike asked, they emerged into a castle looking place. Bo looked around at it, suspiciously.

"What do you mean?" She asked him again. "So this is the Sanatorium, we just gotta find the mines."

"Well, in the shed, while we were gone. What happened? If you're alright telling me, of course." He rubbed the back of his neck, sheepishly.

"Well, we were just talking when we heard a noise. Before I knew it, there was a Wendigo right in front of the two of us. I was so scared when I saw the thing, I couldn't move but I didn't realize I was right in front of Josh, protectively, you know what I mean?But Josh began to scream, so it went towards us. Suddenly, I felt myself get pushed out of the way. By Josh. He got out of his binds the minute you walked out of the room and I had no clue until I was saved by him."