A Laugh, A Rope, A Change of Heart

Please enjoy this new chapter of NO MORE!

Happy reading!

"I don't see why I can't carry Bo, she's my girlfriend." Josh argued while being hauled off, his hands chained behind his back. The cold air of the forest bit at their exposed skin, as Mike, Chris, and Bo escorted Josh to who-knows-where.

"Shut up." Mike spat, shoving Josh forward.

"You're dangerous, Josh. And you aren't going to hurt anyone anymore than you have." Chris adjusted Bo in his arms, wrapped around his neck and her face in his chest. She stirred as he did so, making his breath hitch in his throat.

"Josh?" She hummed quietly.

"No, it's Chris. Is that alright?" He gave her a cheeky smile.

"Yeah." She said, her voice sounding better than before, and laughed which again turned into a cough. Josh turned his head slightly at the sound of her voice, but quickly looked back, his head dropping to look down at his feet. The forest was eerily quiet as only the sound of their footprints crunching in the snow was present.

"Where are you guys taking me?" Josh whispered, a small hint of fear in his tone.

"We're gonna lock you up." Mike answered for Chris, who had his hands full, literally. "So you can't do anything stupid before we call the police in the morning."

"We're calling the police?" Bo asked Chris, meekly.

"We have to, look at what he did to you- to us." He explained, keeping his voice down so only she could hear him.

"I did this to myself, Chris." She closed her eyes again, the headache growing stronger in pulses. Sometimes it would go away, sometimes it would come back.

"We've got other things to worry about first, though. We gotta get you to a hospital, Bowie." He admitted, looking back up into his path behind Mike then at her.

"I don't see why I gotta go to the police, I didn't do anything unlawful." Josh tried.

"Anything unlawful?" Mike exclaimed, angrily, "Is he fucking serious? You murdered Jessica!"

"I didn't murder her, I had nothing to do with her." Josh looked between Mike and Chris, trying to persuade them to believe him.

"You know what, man? You just can't keep talking, you just need to shut up." Chris dismissed him, walking past him with Bo, making Josh quiet.

"Chris, I thought we were partners. Friends, man." Josh stressed, quietly, watching him leave with his girlfriend.

"That was before you knocked us out, strapped Bo to a plank and made us watch you die, afterwards scaring the shit out of all of us with kidnapping Sam and making us walk through poltergiest hell. Did that cover it all?" Chris gradually yelled at Josh, making Bo move her head away from him.

"Yeah, just about." Josh nodded his head, turning away from him. Nearing the shed, Bo suddenly gasped when she saw where they were taking him.

"No, Chris, no, no, no, no." She suddenly began to freak out, shaking her head vigorously.

"No, Bo, we're not taking him there, we're walking past there." Chris assured her, trying to calm Bo down. She nodded her head, slowly, resting it back on his chest.

"You guys aren't listening to me, you only see what you wanna see!" Josh reiterated, only irritating Mike more.

"Stop talking!" He shouted, grabbing Josh's head and throwing him to the ground, face down, and jumping onto his back.