Chapter 15

Amelia POV

"Alright Amelia, your mom is here. Would you like to see her?" detective Josie says. I shake my head from side to side.

"Lauren Jauregui?" I ask. She shakes her head no. "Then no I don't want to see that other woman." The detective nods and sits down across from me. I stare down at the table.

"Amelia, you understand Lauren Jauregui kidnapped you, right?" I nod, fully aware.

"Yeah, well she's the only one who's telling me the truth," I mumble.

"What's underneath those bandages?"

"Why do you care? Can I leave now?" I ask fast.

"I care because we need to know what happened. Kidnapping people is against the law. Especially mothers trying to get back their child." I shake my head. "Amelia, I know this is going to hurt but Lauren called us." My eyes widened and I looked at her.

"No, no she didn't. You're lying!" I stood up, fast. I felt the chair fly backwards. "She wouldn't, she wouldn't do that. Unless-" I let my voice trail off.

"Calm down. I'll go get your mother. You two will talk, then we'll talk," Josie said. I started to panic. No! Once she went out the door and shut it, I quickly run to it and put a chair in front of it, making sure the door isn't openable. I back up and wait. Bangs began to fill the room. I jump every time, backing up every time as well. I get to the wall and they break through the door.

"Amelia, come on we're going home," my 'mother' says. I shake my head no. "No? Amelia, now."

"I'm not going anywhere until Lauren and Camila are released!" I shout.

"Amelia Laura Baker!" I tensed up. I sigh and walk towards her. I walk in back of her. I follow her along with a cop out of the office. We go past the jail cells and I see Dinah standing outside of the cells and Lauren not inside of the cell. Where's Lauren? Then I see Camila. Handcuffs on her hands and she's standing by a cop. I run towards her and wrap my arms around her. She bends down somewhat. I pull away and look at Camila.

"It's going to be okay," She whispers to me. I feel someone grab my shoulder roughly. I look and see my adoptive mother. I look at Camila, tears sliding down my cheeks. I walk out and pass Normani and Ally. Both of them mouth, "you'll be alright." I nod and get in the back of the car. My 'mother' drives off....

Lauren POV

"Lauren, Camila!" We and Camila stand up and go to the front of the cell seeing Dinah, Normani, and Ally. I look around hoping Amelia would be there too.

"Wh-Where's Amelia?" I question. The three of them look at one another and then look at us. I look at Camila and Camila looks at me.

"Um...a detective took her," Dinah answers. My eyes widen and i bite my lip. "But don't worry. She's here. It should be alright. Right?"

"Not if they give her to her adoptive mother," Camila says, somewhat mumbling. I watch as everyone looks at her.

"What do you mean Camila?" Ally questions.

"Her adoptive family.....they...they hurt her," Camila whispers, tears in her eyes. Just then a cop comes up to the cell and unlocks it. He looks at me and grabs my arm pulling me out, gently so to speak. He takes me to a back room and sets me in a chair. He then leaves. I look around the room. They're going to interrogate me. Waiting patiently a man comes in. A detective.

"Hello Lauren. I'm Maxwell. I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Would you like a lawyer present?" I shake my head no. There's no point. "Alright. Why'd you kidnap Amelia Baker?" I bite my lip.

"I technically didn't kidnap her. I kidnapped her but it's because she ran into a wall and I...I panicked. I wasn't going to hurt her. I could never hurt her." He kept notes.

"So you kidnap her, what happens then?"

"She wakes up. Me and a friend tell her things. As in I'm her birthmother. She tries to escape but we don't let her," I pause looking back on what happened. "We locked her in a room and she cut her wrist. When I went in she went unconscious. When she woke up I asked why she did it. She said she didn't want to be alone...again."

"What do you mean?" Maxwell asked, curious.

"You can't let her, you can't let her go with anyone. Not her adoptive family. Please Maxwell. They'll hurt her." Maxwell raises his eyebrows. "I know because she said it. She said it without saying it. I know that sounds stupid but-"

"No it doesn't sound stupid. Excuse me for a moment." He gets up and leaves. I sit in the room and cross my arms. Moments later the detective comes in and looks at me. "Is this your doing?" He throws down pictures. I look at them and cover my mouth with my hand.

"What the- Is this Amelia?" I question, shocked at all the bruises on her body. They're purple, black, blue, red, some yellow. Oh my god. "You have to keep her away from her adoptive mother, Maxwell. Please." Maxwell grabs my arm and pulls me out of the interviewing room. He takes me to where I was before. The cell. He puts me in and closes the door, then simply walks out of the police station. No. That means. Oh god, please no. Amelia's gone.

"Lauren," I look up and see Dinah.

"Dinah, have you seen Amelia?" Dinah bites her lip. "What? What's wrong? Dinah Jane Hansen answer me right now."

"Her adoptive mother came and took her. She hugged Camila and looked so sad, Lo."

"We're going to get her. I'm going to get her, if I wasn't stuck in this freaking rat den!" I shout banging on the cell bars. But no one paid any attention. Just then Camila was brought back and placed into the cell. Another detective brought her. "Hey, your partner is Maxwell right?" She nods.

"Yeah, he is. Why?" the detective asks.

"Look my daughter is in trouble and he just went after her. You have to get me out of here. I need to be with my daughter."

"Lauren, I can't do that."

"Why not Josie?" Camila questioned. I looked back at her. She was right beside me. "It's our daughter."

"We're going to make sure that little girl is safe, I promise the both of you. But right now I can't let you out. You guys should be in actual prison. But considering the way Amelia was with you two, who knows what's going to happen." Josie walks away at that point. I sigh and sit down on the bench closet to the door. Camila comes and sits down beside me.

"She's going to be okay, Laur. They're going to get her. We just have to have a little faith. Just remember who you are. Who she is. Why we're here. For our daughter," Camila softly whispered to me, grabbing my hand and holding it. I glance over at her and lock eyes with her's. I nod and lay my head on her shoulder. Just have to have a little faith. That's it?