MISSION 6: I'll Tell You When We're Dead

He's still on his deathtrap. Just like yesterday.

"You should watch where you're going", he explains in a matter of fact tone, which makes me roll my eyes at him.

Don't tell me what to do.

Obviously he catches my disrespectful behavior, but he doesn't comment it, which to me – occurs as a surprising reaction.

What seems like the beginning of a traffic jam starts folding behind Theodore. Someone honks the car, when he is about to turn the engine of his motorcycle on.

Somehow this ticks the lad, with the death trap, off.

"What the fuck are you honking for?!"

To say the least, I'm surprised. He yells with such rage I've only seen once; that one time when Jake stole Dani's homemade muffins, which she had to turn in for her school project. Let's say my ears didn't have a pleasant time.

Holy cheeseballs, I've never been more afraid than that time, but this one is a close second place.

"Don't piss the rude guy off", I warn him.

He only gives me a glare, but boy did that scare the living honey out of me.

"I swear to god if you interfere-"

Him using god's name in a sentence, makes me wonder. To his huge dismay I actually do interrupt him: "It has never struck my mind that you're a religious person."

"What the fuck?"

I'm sure he is about to give me a more colorful reply with a few creative ways of using different swear words, however, the honking guy starts doing his business again, which is; to honk.

"If you don't fucking remove your filthy ass from here, alongside with that..."

This grown ass person behind me is now pointing his dirty finger at me. Woah, I feel targeted.

"...homeless person, I'll come out and rearrange both of your faces."

Now, I don't know what I expected him to say. Not this at least. I know I look like a homeless person, but holy Flying Spaghetti Monster - he could've at least tried to sound like he was sorry.

Now if there's one thing I can't bear, then it's people who jump to conclusions.

Who gave him the right to assume I'm homeless?

The old man laughs confidently, when neither Theodore, nor I reply in about a minute. He looks at me so confused, and I'm sure my facial expression is about the same as his; scrunched nose, small eyes and wrinkles on the forehead.

Fighting the urge to rest my case, I turn around to face the old man. To give him a piece of my mind. When I do so, he has already turned around and is getting inside his car.

"Excuse you!" I yell out. Not only does this surprise the man, but also Theodore as well. "Who the heck did you call homeless?"

"Oh shit", Theodore mutters, but I sense amusement in his voice.

For reasons unknown to me, I'm only met by a pair of confused eyes. Oh shit, Theodore was right, oh shit.

Holy moly, how am I going to get out of this mess now?

Just when I'm about to apologize for my rude behavior, the older man in front of me blurts out with:

"I-I'm so sorry. Didn't know you were-"

Mhm, maybe if you weren't so judgmental you'd know that I'm in fact a student at your school! I thought to myself.

"Miss, I'm so sorry-"