MISSION 7: Dang, boy, are you my mama?

Eastbeach.

With the wind in my hair, and my heart in my throat, I try to think of some good excuses I can use, when Aiden asks me where the heck I have been today.

I mean, I hung up on him, well knowing that he was worried about my whereabouts. I shouldn't have done that, but then again he should taste some of his own medicine.

Not to be a brat, but the way he treats Dani and Jake, makes my heart wrench.

Mom not being there for us is one thing. Aiden not coming home is a completely different issue.

He knows how much we worry for our mother. He knows how Dani cries herself to sleep. He knows how scared Jake is.

What about me? No one asks me how my day has been. I need it too. I need someone to care for me.

How late is it anyways?

Not once have I dared to lift up my hand to check the clock. In fear of falling, I'm actually not sure if I have even moved more than an inch.

I can't even believe I put myself through this. I was chased by my teacher today. Who would have thought that?

Wait 'till Sylvia hears about this!

Wait. No. She can't find out. She'll probably tell Aiden about this. For some weird reason she is unbelievably loyal to my brother.

Although, Loutmouth and I haven't said a word to each other, since he warned me about letting me know when we were dead, I don't feel uncomfortable in his presence.

That's probably because he saved me from that red haired dude at that party. Maybe I still feel as if I have a debt to repay to him.

As he slows down the speed, my brain is telling me to stop thinking about unnecessary thing, and rather focus on my surroundings.

Had it not been for the daylight, I would have been wondering if the only reason he brought me here was to kill me.

Long dark, almost black, arms are hanging downwards. Trees with crooked backs. Almost foam like green leaves are dancing, following the direction of the wind. The scenery is almost breathtaking, but the background for as to why we are here, is disturbing.

Completely absorbed in his own world, Loudmouth takes off his jacket. I assume he finds it warm here.

"Where are we?"

Black tresses fall in front of his eyes. "Eastbeach."

"Shouldn't there be a beach in the near?" He crooks his head, eyeing me with small eyes. "You know, since the place name contains the word beach?"

"Shouldn't you be a giant oat?" he shoots back, almost immediately, which is totally uncalled for. "You know, since your name contains the word oats?"

I throw my hands up in the air. "Rude. Plain rude." The longer I look at him, the more his mouth twitches. Before I know the word or it, he finds himself hysterically laughing.

"Come on, that was funny!"

"That's an overused joke. There's not a single original bone in your body, Loudmouth."

Making my way towards the woods, my mind is still wandering towards my siblings. I put my bag down.

He breaks the silence with a question. "Why Loudmouth?"

My reply comes fast. "Why not Loudmouth?"

He grunts. "Really?"

Being the petty girl my mama gave birth to, I note: "Says the person with the driest humor in the history of dry humor."