Chapter III: With friends like these..

The "car" turned out to be a beat up pickup truck. I ended up stuffed into the back seat next to Krieger. His eyes were always watching me as if I was waiting for a chance to jump out of the car and bail. Which, to be honest, I was. However with how fast he was able to move despite his size, I doubt I'd get far, especially if Kaitlyn decided to catch me. However she was currently occupied with driving the car whilst Eric chattered away about random topics. Minus the stare of death Krieger was currently giving me, it seemed..almost normal. As if this is what having friends was like. Minus the kidnapping and all. 

"So, what brought you to our neck of the woods?" Eric asked as he turned around and fixed me with a grin. "If I remember correctly, you kidnapped me." I muttered. Eric simply laughed, "If I remember correctly, you were in the process of dying before we came along." I had no response to that so I simply opted for silence. "So kid, what's your name?" Eric asked, already bouncing to the next topic. "Aiden." I responded flatly. 

"Ooo, snippy. Y'know people tend to be nicer if you smile more." Eric chuckled before winking at me. "I'm sorry if I don't have much to smile at right now. I was just disowned by my family." I said through gritted teeth. "Ahh, family troubles, well we've got several of those. From the looks of it, yours did a number on you." He said, gesturing to my many cuts and bruises as well as my broken arm.

I shrugged and turned to stare out the window, not much caring if Krieger was glaring at me or not. "Lighten up kid. Eric might be a dick but he means well." Kaitlyn said while simultaneously trying to stifle her laughter. "Kaitlyn, that's not very nice." Eric pouted and attempted to act genuinely offended. "Oh fuck off Eric." Kaitlyn responded laughing. "I thought girls were made of sugar and spice.." Eric muttered sadly.

 Kaitlyn gave him a look and shook her head. "Yes, girls are made of sugar and spice, but I'm a bitch so I'm made of whisky and ice." She deadpanned. "Watch the road woman!" Eric shouted, however Kaitlyn simply laughed and swerved into oncoming traffic on purpose. "What the hell are you doing!" I shouted. Kaitlyn smirked, "Having fun, you should try it sometime." And with that, most of the conversation ceased throughout the ride to wherever it was we were going.

After an hour or so of driving, we were out of the richer urban areas and entered the poorer districts. Not exactly the Ghetto, but pretty damn close. "Please tell me this is not where you live." I muttered. "Of course it is! What? Were you expecting a high rise apartment, condo, or penthouse?!" Eric exclaimed. "Actually..I was." I said, and earned a laugh from kaitlyn. "Oh you sweet summer child, you have much to learn." She said, before dragging me out of the car. 

Krieger remained silent as always, he walked a ways behind us but his eyes never stopped scanning the surroundings. Kaitlyn was still talking but she was walking a few feet in front of Eric, her eyes were also scanning the darkened buildings, almost as if she was looking for threats. Eric was walking next to me, making us in the center of the little formation. 

"Time for you to meet the rest of the family." Eric said cheerfully as he ushered me along the empty sidewalk." Not a soul could be seen on the street, although movement from inside houses could be seen. "Where..is everyone?" I asked to no one in particular. "They're hiding. They know what happens if they mess with us." Eric said in a quiet, but serious tone for once.

"Okay okay okay, is this a gang or something, because I didn't sign up for this, and I am way too young to go to jail." I said to Eric. He simply smirked at me again. "This isn't a gang sunshine, just sit back and relax. You'll find out eventually." We walked for a while longer until we exited the residential area and entered the industrial warehouse district.

"Could you guys get any creepier.." I muttered. "Oh you have no idea." Eric giggled cryptically. We arrived at a warehouse crammed into one of the secluded areas of the industrial zone. "Ahhh, home sweet home!" Eric said, flashing his perfect smile once again. "You've got to be joking." I muttered as Krieger lifted the heavy steel door with one hand. All of us could easily walk under the door, with Eric only needing to stoop slightly. Krieger let go of the door, and it fell back to the floor with a metallic thud.

Eric led us deeper into the warehouse to a trap door set into the floor near the back of the warehouse. "Down we go!" Eric said cheerfully and Krieger effortlessly lifted the door which appeared to be quite heavy. "Jesus just how strong is he.." I muttered. "Stronger than you probably think." Kaitlyn said before following Eric down the steps into the gloom. "I'd hurry if I were you. Being a newcomer and not being around Eric is dangerous. And oftentimes fatal." Krieger said in his low voice, which boomed and echoed in the large space. "Ever the ray of sunshine.." I said before I descended the steps as well. Immediately I was in a narrow hallway, with dim ceiling lights to guide me towards a heavy iron door set into the far side of the hallway.

Upon reaching the door, I managed to open it with some difficulty and stepped inside. The room beyond was lavish and well lit. Several high quality couches were scattered around the room. Lounging on them were several people I didn't recognize, most with bottles alcohol in their hands. "Welcome to our little get away." Eric said to me, immediately the chatter died down as everyone in the room locked their eyes onto me. 

I suddenly felt very exposed. "Family, meet the newbie. Newbie, meet the family. Fight nice guys." Eric said before filling a shot glass with some type of clear liquid, and downing it without so much as flinching. "I'm so fucked." I muttered. "Ya got that right kid, now have a drink." Said Kaitlyn as she pressed a bottle of vodka to my chest.

---Authors Note---

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow for more stories! Hope to see you soon!