Chapter IX: Realization

Orion had been throwing me around the warehouse as if I was nothing. My cuts and bruises healed shortly after they appeared, however I was slowing down and my body felt heavy. Meanwhile, Orion continued to strut about casually as he searched for my newest hiding place. I had managed to avoid breaking any bones, however I had a feeling my luck would soon run out. Originally, Orion and I had been punching and kicking each other to our hearts content. Although in reality, it was more of him hitting me, and me flying across the room crashing into various things.

Somehow I had managed to get away from him and lose him in the maze of boxes and steel containers. Currently, my body was sandwiched under a rack of old tools. Orion's footsteps got farther and farther away as he strolled through the warehouse. I sighed in relief when I couldn't hear him anymore.

The rack was thrown sideways, and Orion smiled happily down at me from above. He had found my hiding place. "You know, if you're going to sigh. You should be careful not to make too much noise." He mocked.

"How the hell did you even hear me! You were halfway across the damn warehouse!" I shouted.  "My ears are better than yours." He said in a singsong voice before he kicked me in the ribs. The force of the blow sent me sliding several feet. 

Somehow I managed to avoid dying after that latest attack. "You know. If you're ever hoping to be useful, you'll need to do much better than that. It's sad really." He said in a bored tone over the sound of my coughing. "I wonder how long it'll take before you drop. Orion muttered to himself.

With a shout, I picked myself up off the floor and charged him. Of course the moment I was within three feet of him he sprinted forward and flipped me over his shoulder. Sadly, my spatial awareness wasn't up to par with his, and I landed face first into a steel crate. "Well. That was..interesting?" Orion said whilst he scratched his head. He pulled back his foot and prepared to kick me once again, until footsteps were heard throughout the Warehouse.

Orion lowered his foot ever so slightly as Eric came into view. As always, he had a smirk on his face, and his hands in his pockets. "I think he's had enough Orion. Head back down and get yourselves cleaned up. Kaitlyn's in charge. Krieger and I are going out for a bit."

"Understood. Have fun you two." Orion said as Krieger appeared from the general direction of the underground hideout. Krieger simply grunted at Orion before walking out of the Warehouse entirely. Eric shrugged and walked after him. They both disappeared through the door shortly after. "Well, may god have mercy on whoever those two are visiting." Orion chuckled. "What do you mean? Who are they visiting? I asked. "You'll understand when you're older. Orion replied in a cryptic manner. C'mon, we have work to do while those two are gone.

With that, I was ushered inside. Although, when we arrived back in the bunker the sight that greeted us was..interesting to say the least. Kaitlyn stood atop a reclining chair and screamed "I'M QUEEN OF THE CASTLE!!!!" Several times while the others had taken cover behind various objects in the room. "The hell is going on in here!?" Orion shouted. "Kneel before me or perish mortal!!!" She screamed back. "Maybe this is why your parents left you." Orion muttered under his breath. "I HEARD THAT!" She roared at him from her "Throne". "You were supposed to." Orion quipped.

She growled and then pounced at Orion. The two of them then proceed to roll around on the floor throwing punches while the rest of the crew chanted "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

"I feel like I'm back in high school.. I muttered to myself seeing as everyone else was already occupied with something far more entertaining. It was at this moment, there was a large amount of pounding coming from the direction of the trap door. Everyone froze.

"They're not supposed to be back yet. There's no way they could be back yet..." Kaitlyn said quietly. "Then please explain why there's someone pounding on the door to the Den. Orion deadpanned. "Everyone. Prepare for a fight. Aiden, get back and find somewhere to sit and look pretty." Kaitlyn said as she began to bark orders to different people. "Sit around and avoid getting punched. That is something I can get behind." I said as I made my way behind a couch.

Just then, the sound of the trapdoor being lifted echoed from the entrance hallway. A few moments later, three teenagers, looking to be around seventeen walked into the main area. They were so busy admiring the amount of furniture stashed in the room that they nearly missed Kaitlyn and the rest of us staring at them. "Well, looks like someone has already claimed this place. It's almost a shame we're going to have to kick you out." Kaitlyn laughed humorlessly. "Alright degenerates. You have five seconds to turn your sorry pale asses around and get the fuck outta my house."

The apparent leader of the group just laughed. After he regained his composure, he sized up to Kaitlyn. "Listen up little girl, this place is mine, and you're in my way." He said as his friends gathered behind him and seemed to be preparing to jump Kaitlyn at a moments notice.

"I wouldn't have called her that." Orion said lazily from where he was nonchalantly drawing on a notebook. "Called her what? A girl?" 

"No. Little." 

The leader looked back at Kaitlyn just in time to receive a right hook to the jaw. The force of the blow snapped his head to the side and sent him flying into a nearby wall. 

"Now then. I won't ask again. You can either get the fuck out of my house. Or I can severely mess you up." Kaitlyn muttered darkly. With his pride bruised, the leader wasn't going to give up and let someone, much less a girl push him around. "Why are the rest of you just standing there, kick their asses!!" He shouted while he pointed at us. Kaitlyn sighed. "Orion, if you'd be so kind." Kaitlyn said sweetly, while Orion simply grinned and nodded.

I was riveted to the spot as all hell broke loose.