A Secret Garden (Oka x Taro)

TRIGGER WARNING: DEPRESSION, CUTTING, POSSIBLE REFERENCE TO SUICIDE!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He said, “Oh Mary, contrary how does your garden grow?”

“Come with me, and you’ll be, the seventh maid in a row.”

My answer was laughter, soft as I lowered my head

You’re too late, I’m afraid, this flower’s already dead

Oka sat in her bathroom, crying softly as to not wake her boyfriend sleeping in the next room. She couldn’t take it any longer. Everyday it got worse. All the bullying, the name-calling, the “accidental” trips, but the worst part? Her boyfriend, Taro, didn’t seem to notice that she was suffering. Probably for the better anyways...

Resetting as I was, with blossoms in full bloom (Blossoms in full bloom)

Never a chance to pause with magic to consume (Magic to consume)

A shadow walked behind me offering his hand

But couldn’t understand…

The dark-haired female stood up from her perch on the side of the bathtub. Walking over to the counter, she dug through the drawers until she found what she was looking for. Her razor. She looked at her reflection in the mirror. Eyes puffy and red from crying, cheek still damp from the tears, hair messy. She pulled back the sleeves of her pajamas to reveal her scars. She hasn’t done this in awhile, not since her and Taro got together four months ago.

He said, “Oh Mary, contrary how does your garden grow?”

“Come with me, and you’ll be, the seventh maid in a row.”

My answer was laughter, soft as I lowered my head

You’re too late, I’m afraid, this flower’s already dead

Taking a deep breath, she glides the blade across her sensitive skin, drawing blood.

Idiot!

*cut*

Ugly!

*cut*

No one likes you!

*cut*

You can’t do anything right!

*cut*

You should die!

*cut*

Scattering petals down the road without an end (Road without an end)

Left on the battleground  for one I called my friend (One I called my friend)

Maybe he loved me as he took me by the hand

And tried to understand

Suddenly, banging on the door scared Oka. “Oka! I heard crying. Are you okay?” A male voice asks. “Y-yeah, I’m fine…” Oka shakily replies. The voice mumbles something before the door is suddenly hanging off its hinges, revealing Oka's boyfriend, Taro. He took one glimpse at the scene in front of him and a shocked expression plastered itself on his face.

I said, “Oh Mary, contrary how does your garden grow?”

“Come with me, I can’t see anywhere that we could go.”

Their answer was laughter as darkness swallowed them up

“One more time, I’ll be fine, sometimes kindness is enough.”

“Oka, why?” He simply asks in disbelief. “Because no cares about me! Everyone wants me dead, so why not make them happy?!" Oka snaps, tears streaming down her face once more. Taro rushes forward and wraps his arms around his girlfriend's frail figure, trying to comfort her. "Who wants you dead?" Taro asks once Oka calms down a bit. "Like I said, everyone. I went to that party Ayano-chan hosted last weekend and when I walked in, everyone stopped and starred at me. They called me names, they beat me." Oka proves it by pulling her shirt up a bit and revealing numerous cuts and bruises.

The two stayed like that the entire night, talking, crying, and eventually falling asleep on that cold, marble bathroom floor. When Oka woke up, she found her arms bandaged and a sleeping Taro protecting her. They skipped school that day, remaining snuggled together on the bathroom floor.

He said, “Oh Mary, contrary how does your garden grow?”

“Come with me, and you’ll be, the seventh maid in a row.”

My answer, a whisper, soft as he lowered his head

Set them free, I’m sorry, this flower’s already dead

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be happy with this ending because I was originally gonna have Oka kill herself. #Sorrynotsorry