Insecurities (Budo x Midori)

Budo walks with his fellow martial artists with his regular demeanor of boredom. Shima was walking next to him, chatting away about her day. She knew Budo was dating Midori, the green-haired girl who spends most of her time on the roof, but that didn’t seem to stop her advances. The boy snorted to himself at the thought. He raised his eyes from the floor to across the hall. He smirked slightly as he caught sight of his girlfriend. The female quickly averted her gaze, turning to her phone.

“Caught you.” Budo thought to himself with a chuckle.

Unfortunately, Shima took this as a laugh to what she was saying.

“I knew you would find it amusing, Budo.” She cheered while batting her eyelashes. Budo gulped. “Yeah. Sure, whatever.”

Giggling, Shima playfully shoved the boy, causing him to slam into the girl walking on his other side.

“Sorry.” He quickly apologized.

The girl just giggled in response, causing him to roll his eyes. It was then that he noticed the closest guy was way behind the three. Huffing, Budo pulled away from the girls. He looked back across the hallway to see Midori speed walking away. Her gaze remained low as her friends tried to keep up with her. Budo's brows furrowed as Midori shook her head and left. The friend that had been walking closer to her shot a death glare at Budo, further confusing him.

Immediately, Budo took off after her, causing Shima and the other girls to whimper. Rolling his eyes, the club leader went after his girlfriend with a quick pace. His pace paid off. The second he was on the roof, Midori was just about to sit down on the bench in front of where she normally stands. Budo reached out his hand and grabbed the other's arm.

“Hey.” Midori rebuffed before her eyes widened, “Oh. Hi, Budo.” Her eyes seemed slightly red and puffy, worrying Budo. His grip lessened. “What’s wrong, love?” He asked. “Mai gave me a stare that could give Ayano a scare, so don’t say you’re fine.” Despite her mood, Midori chuckled. Her face fell again. “It’s just…”

“Yeah?” Budo encouraged gently.

“All those girls- perfect girls- I'm nowhere near perfect. I'm stupid.”

“Wait.” He replied in confusion. "What do you mean?” Midori's face flushed as his tears picked up. “I’m not as good-looking as them, Budo. I'm a complete idiot. I don’t even know how you wanted to date me in the first place.”

Budo painfully frowned. His heart clenched as he could feel the girl's sorrow. How could she not see how wonderful she was? How perfect? How curiously intelligent? Beautiful? He brought Midori close, just wanting to hold her. She clutched onto Bud in desperation. The black-haired male rubbed the smaller's back soothingly before kissing her temple.

“Midori, I love you.” He started, “You’re more perfect than any of those girls combined, alright?” “Even Shima?” Midori muttered. Budo chuckled. “Especially Shima.” He kissed her cheek. “You are stunning, adorable, and so many other things. And that’s not just looks. On the inside as well.”

Midori raised her bright eyes to meet Budo's contrasting dark ones. Budo smiled softly at her. Gently, he wiped away the tears with his thumb. He raised his brows and smirked.

“May I see that radiant smile of yours?” He asked. Midori let out a breathy laugh, beaming in the process. “There it is.” Budo replied while kissing Midori's forehead. He gently pushed their lips together. “Can you make sure Mai knows? She may kill me in my sleep if she doesn’t.”

Midori laughed loudly at the comment. She nodded before laying her head in the crook of Budo's neck. Budo smoothed a hand over Midori's vibrant hair, still holding her. He placed a final kiss on her temple to solidify his feelings.