Part One

"Riding in my whip,
racing to her place.
Talking to myself, preparing to tell her to her face.

SHE OPENED UP THE DOOR AND DIDN'T WANNA COME NEAR ME!"

I was literally riding in my whip singing my heart out along with Usher on Pandora. My brother, Judah, hating ass had turned it down. "We get it, you know how to sing 'Nyah. You ain't gotta be all up in my ear though." I waved my hand at him. "Keep hating from the passenger seat, big bro. You know this my shit." I said as I turned the radio back up. He shook his head. "You a trip, man. I don't know what I'm gone do with you."

"You gonna shut up and listen to my sing if you wanna make it to work on time. Otherwise, I have no problem dropping you off at the next bus stop." Judah shook his head. "That ain't even bool little sis. You know if I had my car I wouldn't need you taking me to work." "Well, you do so stop killing my vibe." Don't get me wrong, me and Judah have our disagreements but he's more than my big brother, he's my best friend too. He's always looked after me since we were little. Daddy died when Judah was six years old and I was two so I barely know anything about him. My mother was in the army for most of our lives so we lived with our mean ass grandmother, Granny Esther (my mother's mother). Our mother didn't come back from the army until I was a junior in high school but she came back batshit crazy.

She was diagnosed with PTSD from being raped by her commanding officer. The PTSD was so bad she couldn't have full custody of me or live by herself. So instead of getting her own house for the three of us, she had to get one that fit the three of us, Granny Esther, and the nurse, Mylah, who would have to stay and watch Momma overnight because sometimes the night terrors were too bad for me, Judah, and Granny Esther to handle by ourselves.

One of her night terrors were so bad that Momma tried to fight Granny Esther. Needless to say, Granny Esther had a heart attack and died that morning. That's when Mylah ended up living with us and her daughter, Lisa too. Momma took Granny Esther's old room, Mylah had Momma's old room, and Lisa had the guest room. Lisa was the same age as me so we ended up being close and she became my other best friend but before her, it was always me and Judah and Judah took care of me more than anybody else. So when Granny Esther died he adopted me so that I wouldn't be in foster care my senior year of high school.

I pulled up to the auto part factory where Judah worked at and put my car in park. "Right on, little sis." He said as he got his work boots out of my backseat. "No problem but it will be if you don't give me that $15 for my gas tank," I said rolling my neck and holding my hand out. He laughed as he reached into his pocket and gave me a $20 bill. "Keep the extra $5 cause I might need you to pick me up if Lisa can't get her momma car." Even though Lisa was already like my sister, it was weird at first when she and Judah not only started dating but had a son and named him Omari. But if I could pick anyone for either one of them it would be each other. Those two really scream "Relationship goals".

"Boy nine times out of ten she gone be riding around with me anyway." "'Nyah, don't get her into no trouble," Judah said as he was getting out the car. "Me? Trouble? Must be mistaking me for someone else." I joked. He shook his head. "Seriously, Enyah. You know how y'all get sometimes." I waved him off. "Yeah, yeah. Get inside before you be late." "Don't worry about me, worry about yourself." He said as I pulled off. I waved to him and turned my radio back on before getting back on the highway.

Judah, Lisa, and I all moved out into our own homes 3 years ago after Lisa had Omari but Mylah stayed with my mother still. She didn't even care if she wasn't getting paid to take care of Momma anymore, she considered her family by now so she would've done it for free but Momma always paid her regardless. I would go by the house every other day or week to check in on Momma and Mylah and today was one of those days I decided to drop by. I walked into the house and saw Momma in Granny Esther's old rocking chair and Mylah on the couch reading the bible to Momma.