Part Four

I put the beat I used for Enyah's rap in the bio. Enjoy.

I was growing very impatient waiting on Carden's call and I felt that he would never get back to me. It's been three days since my performance at Club Ultimate and I was getting more and more anxious each day. Was Carden just playing with my emotions or was he just playing the waiting game? I thought about calling his office again but decided against it after Judah and Lisa advised against it saying it would make me look thirsty but the truth is I am thirsty. I'm thirsty and hungry to become a star and to get my career started for real. Like is that so wrong? Maybe that's why Carden hasn't called me back because I'm not showing him how bad I want it. Of course, Judah and Lisa assure me that that's not the reason but I can't help but feel like it is.

I'm off from work today so I hit up Pookie for some more studio time to let some steam off about Carden. I pulled up to his place and knocked on the door. "Who is it?" He shouted from the other side of the door. "It's 'Ny, Pook," I replied as I scrolled through Carden's Instagram waiting for Pookie to open the door. He opened the door and greeted me with a hug.
"Sup, 'Ny? I got another rapper in the booth right now but we should be done in an hour." I nodded my head. "That's cool, I'm off today anyway so I have nothing but time," I admitted. I followed Pookie through the house and into the studio and sat on the couch. "Where's Quiéra?" I asked. "She went grocery shopping," he replied as he messed with some controls on his computer. "She'll be back soon." I nodded my head as I directed my attention back to Carden's Instagram. He's been shopping and clubbing ever since I've seen him so he hasn't been too busy. I sighed as I locked my phone and tossed it next to me. "Alright, you ready for this next take, Rah?" Pookie asked the guy in the booth. "I'm waiting on you, nigga!" He shouted back. Pookie and I both laughed as Pookie set him up to start rapping.

"I'ma always be that nigga. I was born with my finger on the trigger.
I'ma always be the hardest. Fuck you mean I ain't shittin, beg your pardon?

These niggas wishin they could be me. They bitches wishing they could be mine.
Ask the same hoes if they fucking or not? If not then I ain't wasting my damn time.

I don't wine and dine these bitches. I'm not a genie, I don't grant any wishes.
Why would I waste a dime on these bitches? All these bitches want is a niggas riches.

I'm tryinna build up a legacy. My money long like a centipede.
Said I'm tryinna build up this legacy. & can't none of these niggas can compare to me."

I was vibing to dude, Rah in the booth. I ain't gone lie, he was cool. He could use a little work though. I like rappers who use metaphors like Wayne, Andre 3000, and Big Sean. His flow was cool but just not my speed. Rah stepped out the booth and shook hands with Pookie. "That was a nice session, Rah," Pook said to him. "Right on, Pook. Can you play it back for me though? I feel like its missing something." "Oh, yeah, for sure. No doubt." Pookie said as he turned back to his computer and replayed the verse he just recorded. Rah sat on the stool taking in everything. "I just don't know what it's missing, yo." He says before finally noticing me on the couch. He smiles showing off his gold grill on his top row of teeth. He was light skin with a low cut and looked about 6 feet even. "Pookie, where your manners at, bruh?" He says pointing to me. "You see her, introduce yourself," Pookie says fucking with the vocals.

I laugh as I shake my head. Pookie doesn't let any of his artists fuck with me cause he knows Judah would get on his ass. Everybody so overprotective of me like I ain't my own person with my own opinion. Rah, not my type no way. He cute but he's light skin and I'm yellow and when I do have sex and have babies I don't want them to be white. Rah smacks his lips and looks Pookie up and down. "Just rude as fuck, bro." He says shaking his head and walking over to me. "Excuse me, miss. My homie let his girl take his manners with her earlier." He started referring to Quiéra. "I'm Rah," he said reaching his hand out and licking his lips. I shook his hand. "Enyah." He smiled. "Beautiful name for a beautiful woman." He said kissing my hand. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Thanks." He smiled and stepped back licking his lips as he looked me up and down. "So, Ms. Enyah are you single?" I nodded my head. "But I'm not looking," I said instantly shutting him down. He laughed and shook his head. "Hard to get I see but we can change that."