Part Five

Part 5

*Lisa's P. O. V.*

I was driving down to my Momma's house to go pick up Omari from over there. Judah had finally finished the work on the car and I was happy as hell cause I was tired of using my Momma's car. Don't get me wrong, my momma drives a nice little 2016 Monte Carlo but I admire my candy red Toyota much more. It's just nothing like having your own shit.

I remember when Judah and I were going through a pride stage when I first had Omari. Omari was no more than 4 months and neither did Judah or I have a job. At that time even though we needed it most we never liked asking anyone for shit. Judah's and Enyah's momma was probably the sickest she's ever been since she had got out the military and their granny had just recently died as well. The mean broad probably would've only given us money or any type of help if it was beneficial to her otherwise she just flat out didn't feel like it, at least that's what she'd say if she was alive anyway. My momma was always busy with taking care of Judah's mother and other clients at the time to pay the bills so she barely could watch Omari for us.

This made finding a job hard for both Judah and I. We would always get interviews at the same time and this was when we were still staying with his mother. We were, at that time trying to save up for our own place. Enyah could only watch Omari if she wasn't at work or in the studio at the time. I'd never knock her dream cause I'm not a hater and we respect each other's hustle. She knows my dream to be both a famous fashion and hair stylist. I've always been into the newest trends. So I started working on my business and killed two birds with one stone. I decided to do hair and makeup out of the house when Judah got that new job at the auto part factory and was working early morning till late afternoon. That way I could keep an eye on Omari and not have to worry about a sitter. Eventually, my hair and makeup started going viral so Judah and I started matching parts of our checks and payments from me doing hair and makeup and him working on cars on his off days and ended up moving out. Now we're just trying to save up so we can open up his own auto shop and my salon. The car getting messed up just put a whole in things but nothing ever is easy in this shit called life no way.

I had pulled into my Momma's driveway and had walked to the front door. I fished my key out and unlocked the door. I closed the door behind me and locked it back. "Ma," I said loud enough for her to here me. "Upstairs in my room." She replied. I walked up the steps and towards her room. I peeped in and saw her sitting in the bed while Omari laid next to her sleep. She was wrapping her hair up with this purple and blue scarf to match her purple and blue dress that had a blue border and silver fringes at the bottom. "I was reading him the Bible and he fell asleep." She said. "Just fell asleep ten minutes ago." I then noticed that she had a big bible opened up in front of her. I think those big ones are the King James Version. She also had a red book with the word "Apocrypha" written across it. "Duh, he gonna fall asleep, Momma." I laughed. "Toddlers aren't interested in any books with no pictures or cartoon characters." She shook her head. "It's supposed to calm him down and get inside his head while they're young so they can remember it in the future. I used to do it to you but now I have a new understanding of things."

I don't know what been up with my momma lately. My momma never did badly as far as I knew growing up, but she was never the religious type. I don't remember going to church or none of that growing up unless it was with friends or relatives and the services were always so long... I walked over to her bed and sat down on it. "Wassup Lissy?" She asked using the nickname she gave me. She's been calling me that longer than I can remember. "I'm just curious about something," I said nonchalantly. "And what's that?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders and said "Since when were you so religious? You were never into this when I was growing up." She laughed and looked at me as she got Omari's stuff together. "I grew up in the church..." she started. "I had things happen to me in and out of the church just a while before I had you that made me stray away from the church. But after we met Judah and his family, I've stumbled across some things that made me view the bible and this world differently." She explained. I nodded my head but I was still confused. "So are you Christian or what?" I asked for clarification. She shook her head. "Hebrew Israelite."