Hey// Dave

After meeting Dave at a party, the two of you instantly connected. You had never met anyone like Dave, you felt like once you had met Dave, he was the one part of your life that was missing.

But he was in love with Jane, and you had a boyfriend, Rainer. Everyone was going to the movies tonight, including you and Rainer.

You were hoping that you would see Dave there, and as you walked in, you saw Dave's head, immediately going over to see him.

I tapped on his shoulder as he turned around, a smile across his face.

"Hey!" He smiled, wrapping his arms around you in a quick hug.

"What are you all seeing?" You asked.

"That movie about the world ending tomorrow, or something," Dave shrugged. "You?"

"Same."

Just then, a girl you recognized as Jane hugging Dave. You frowned, taking Rainers hand. You two watched the movie until you got bored and tired of being in here with Rainers hands all over you.

You got up, leaving the theater. You sat outside, the cool air chilling your arms. You sighed, your back pressing against the wall, closing your eyes.

"Not feeling the whole world ending thing?"

You jumped, opening your eyes, looking up at Dave. "You scared me."

He sat down beside you, his shoulder pressing against yours. "What's the matter?"

You turned and looked at him, raising his eyebrows. "Huh?"

"What's the matter? I know something's wrong."

You sighed. "It's nothing."

"If it's bothering you, then it's not nothing."

You turned and looked at him, meeting his eyes. "I don't love Rainer."

"Well, that seems serious." Dave chuckled.

"I thought that I did," you said. "I really did. But when I met someone else, it's like everything changed."

"Who?" he asked. "Not that it's any of my business, just who?"

"Well, I've only known him for a little while, but he's absolutely mind blowing," you smiled. "He's so sweet and just different from anyone I've ever met."

"Is it.."

"You?" you smiled. "Yeah."

He reached out, taking your hand into his. "Well, that's good, because I'm kinda digging you too."

"Dig me?" You laughed.

"I know.." he sighed. "I don't know why I just said that."

You reached over, pressing your lips against his cheek. "I dig you too, Dave."