3

Two days later, Harry woke up sprawled across the bottom of his red and gold, double bed. He opened his eyes and saw the scattered parchment and ink pots next to him, through the window he could she grey clouds and an old, bare tree. Harry felt a boney leg, underneath his rib cage. He yawned and pushed himself into a kneeling potion to figure out who the boney stick, from beneath him, belonged to.

Harry immediately noticed the bleach blond hair and remembered that Draco was helping him with his potions essay, which was due today. Harry completely forgot about the other boy in his bed and dived for his potions homework, knowing he hadn't finished. Harry looked at clock on his bedside table, 6:48am. Hour and a half till breakfast, I can finish this before then.

Harry began to read over his work, to then realise, his essay was finished. "I don't remember finishing this." Harry said to himself and frowned his eyebrows. "That's because I did." Replied a boy, sitting up and rubbing his eyes, below Harry. Harry blushed and half smiled at Draco. "Thanks." He simply stated. "No problem. Now, I'm going to have a shower, before Blaise wakes up and finds out I spent the night in Harry potters bed." Draco said and Harry giggled. What just happened?

Harry was extremely confused. He wondered why Draco had acted like that was normal, he didn't make things awkward or uncomfortable and he didn't hex Harry at the first sight of them being in the same bed. He knew Draco was gay, but he thought Draco hated him. Maybe he's past the name calling and fighting for our own sides. Harry's discussion with himself only made him more confused.

At breakfast Draco sat across from Harry and next to Blaise, who was next to Daphne. Harry had Crabbe and Pansy on one side of him. Harry and Draco kept sneaking glances at each other and shying away every time they were caught by the other. Pansy caught their little exchange of flirtatious looks, "I don't know what's going on between you two, but would you stop eye fucking each other." She burst out with a smirk on face. Daphne and Crabbe laughed. Harry rolled his eyes and Draco blushed a deep shade of red. "When you two are... busy in the room, could you hang something on the door, just so I know I'm not going to interrupt anything." Blaise added to the joke and elbowed Draco. Harry choked on his pumpkin juice. "Nothing is happening between us two." Draco cleared up, which made the others share certain looks of disbelief and mischief. Harry felt a pang of hurt when Draco said this, though he didn't know why. He wasn't actually dating Draco and he didn't like Draco.

In potions. Harry handed in his essay and sat down next to Daphne. Draco walked in the door, gave Slughorn the essay and turned to find a seat next to Harry but that seat was occupied. He felt oddly disappointed. Draco sat behind them with Crabbe.

Draco glared at Daphne every time she spoke, looked at or talked to Harry, he didn't once pay attention. "-Draco?" He was snapped out of his hatful glare and looked at the professor with a look of disapproval. "I asked you a question Draco." Slughorn explained. "And that question was...?" Draco asked quite confidently. Some students gasped and some laughed, as this was the first time Draco had ever been unfocused when called upon in class. Slughorn raised his eyebrows and gave Draco a detention, he accepted it but Harry didn't. "What the bloody hell for?" Harry was mad. "Because Harry, he was not paying attention." Slughorn stated. Harry shifted his, weight. "Half of the class isn't playing attention to your boring ass lesson. You're only giving Draco detention because of what you read it the profit. Aren't you." Harry shot back. There were a lot of stunned faces and giggles from the Slytherins. "Would you like to join him Harry?" Slughorn threatened. "If it means we're all treated equally, then yes." Harry defended. Slughorn pointed at Draco and Harry, "You two. Back here at 5 before dinner. Class dismissed."
Harry turned around to see Draco's reaction. Draco gave a half smile and walked off. The other Slytherins were praising Harry but it wasn't their praise he wanted, it was Draco's.

"You will both produce a purity potion and an apology letter explaining what you did wrong and why you won't to it again. You have 3 hours. The house elves will bring you food at about 6:30 and you will have a 20 minute break. Is that clear?" Slughorn looked straight at Draco. "Yes" chimed the two boys. "Very well. If you finish early sit and wait until I dismiss you." Slughorn walked out and locked the door. Draco sat at one desk which had 5 sheets of parchment and an ink pot and quill. Harry sat at the other. 20 minutes passed and no words were said.  Harry began to feel slightly uncomfortable, he was unsure if he had done something wrong but he was certain Draco wasn't happy. "What?" Harry broke the silence. No response. "Draco." Harry warned. "What Potter?" A sharp tone used by Draco had frightened Harry, he had definitely done something wrong. "Just tell me what I did wrong." Draco rolled his eyes. "You didn't do anything." "Then what's your problem?" Harry immediately regretted this question, when Draco spun around on his chair and said, "Gee Potter, I fucking wonder. It could be the weather, or the fact I am disowned and homeless, or maybe it's my sock that's falling down in my shoe!" He spat sarcastically. "So do you want to talk about it?" Harry asked. Draco gave a harsh glare and spun back around to finish his letter.

The rest of the detention went by quietly and slow as hell. The potions were marked separately, one was perfect and the other was not recognisable as a form of magic, but Harry was still allowed to go when he had packed up.

When Harry got back to his room he found Blaise on the bed doing homework for divination. "I take it the detention was great." Blaise commented sarcastically. "Why's that?" Harry asked. Blaise gestured to the bathroom door, "He walked in, grunted, slammed the door and went straight the bathroom and proceeded to slam that door as well." Harry sighed and sat his stuff on his bed. "I don't even know what I did." He replied. Blaise smiled at Harry, "sometimes I forget that you haven't had to put up with Draco for the past 8 years. Don't worry, he's just a little bit... stressed right now." He reassured.