4

Draco stationed himself in the bathroom until he couldn't hear anything outside, he didn't particularly want to talk to either boys for the rest of the night.

At breakfast the next day Draco and Harry sat at opposite ends of the group, making no contact at all. Harry didn't think much of it, just that they didn't get an opportunity to talk yet but Draco had planned to avoid Harry all day.

First class was Herbology which bored every student out of their minds. The day went by and Draco hadn't even made eye contact with Harry let alone talk to him.

At dinner Harry sat next to Blaise and Draco sat next to pansy who was on the other side of Blaise. "I really feel like Draco is avoiding me." Harry spoke quietly to the boy next to him. "Probably." Was his answer. Harry looked at Blaise waiting for more of an answer but it never came. "I don't even know exactly what I did. I should talk to him." Harry stood to go and sit next to Draco but Blaise grabbed his wrist and told him to sit. "Don't do it while Pansy is next to him, she'll rip your face off if she hears anything about someone hurting Draco." He explained. By Harry's obviously confused look Blaise's realised he had t explain more. "She and him grew up together and I honestly think she still likes him, but they've always been protective over each other even after they broke up." "Ohh." Harry replied. While the two ate dinner, they discussed Blaise's life and his family.

As soon as the group got back to the empty common room, Harry slipped away and walked up to the astronomy tower. He found it peaceful up here, the quiet wind and dull gray sky, lighting highlighting the Hogwarts grounds. Harry often came up here to think, this time he was sorting out his feelings about Draco. He didn't know what he had done to upset the boy so he wasn't quite sure how to apologise, nor did he know what he wanted with Draco either. Harry obviously liked Draco but did Draco like Harry the same way? And what would Harry's family and friends think? Oh this is way to much to think about right now.

Harry made his was back the the dungeons with a few groups of girls giggling and greeting Harry with shy hellos, this wasn't out of the ordinary. Harry climbed through the portrait and locked eyes with Blaise on the couch in front of him, he had an alarmed kind on look on his face. Harry searched for a head bright blonde hair but he wasn't there. "Hi everyone." Harry chirped as he sat on the ground between the two couches. "Where have you been?" Daphne questioned. "Went for a walk to clear my head." He replied with a genuine smile and Daphne mirrored it.
Harry left the group when the game of truth or dare started up.

Even tho this was also Harry's room, he still knocked to give Draco a warning. He slipped through the door and shut it behind him. Draco was on his bed reading what looked like a muggle book to Harry. "Hey Draco." He got a bored stare in return. Harry took a deep breath before he decided to talk to Draco, he sat on the boys bed beside his legs. "Look I know you're mad at me, and I'm sorry, but can you please tell me what I did wrong?" Harry winced, he knew he going to get a mouthful. Draco sat up and put his book mark in his book before turning to Harry with a stern look. "You wanna know what you did? You showed the whole class that I couldn't stand up for myself. That I was obviously weak because of my father, because without his money or power, I am nothing. Harry I am anything but nothing. So do not please yourself by finally having the drop on me after seven years of bickering and fighting. You don't get to display my pain." Draco's look still set on his face waiting for the others reply. Harry gave a pitiful smile. "Draco, you're extremely sleep deprived, you don't eat, you have no money or a home and you're worrying about your social status? You're paranoid. No one cares that you're weak right now, and even if they do, they're not going to do anything to you because everyone is still scared of you. They don't know how you 'betrayed' Voldemort, so they're staying away." He paused. "I seriously didn't mean to make you look week by saying what I said, I was defending you because you don't deserve to be treated like that." He offered a sweet smile and calming look which made the boy break down. Harry was surprised by Draco's sudden tear outburst, he had never seen Draco cry, he wasn't sure why he was crying or how to comfort him, so Harry shuffled closer and hugged Draco which was accepted. Harry sat awkwardly of the side of the bed waiting for Draco's tears to stop.

After 20 minutes Draco got up and headed straight for the shower and said nothing to Harry. "Alright." Harry said to himself and went to find shorts and a shirt to put on for bed.

"So?" Blaise whispered, his head poked out from the door, "is it clear for me to come it?" He asked. "Well we had a chat, then he cried on my shoulder for a while and now he's in the shower." Harry nodded towards the bathroom. "Sounds like you still have another mouthful to go. Chatcha later Potter, good luck." Blaise popped his head back outside the and closed the door. Harry heard The shower turn off. Shit. Harry sat on his bed. Waiting for whatever Blaise thought was coming.

Draco came out of the shower with a towel around his waist, grabbed his clothes and walked back to the bathroom. He came back back out with a pair of back and while boxers and and over sized red shirt with scruffy we hair. Harry found this outfit quite sexy. Draco sat on his bed facing Harry. "Are you okay now?" Harry asked. Draco gave and unsure grin and a nod. "I don't believe you." Harry got up and joined the The other on his bed, he sat cross legged facing Draco. "I know we aren't best friends and I don't know a lot about your life and you don't know a lot about mine,  I feel like we are getting close and I want to be there for you." Harry paused and looked away from Draco for a few seconds. "I understand if you don't want to talk right now, it's alright, just remember I in the bed next to yours when you do." Harry smiled and gave out a tiny chuckle and went to go join the others to give Draco some space, when his wrist was grabbed and he spun around to a peck on the lips from Draco. Harry was delightfully surprised by this and without thinking, he grabbed Draco's face and pulled him in for a long, slow, passionate kiss. Draco's hands found their way to Harry's waist and the kiss ended with both boys smiling gleefully at the other. "Oh you have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." Draco admitted. "So does that mean you're not mad at me anymore?" Harry asked. "I was never really mad at you Harry."