Chapter 2 - Flash to the Past

"Aaahhh!" I scream as Kali and I plummet through the dark light of whatever has entrapped us. Kali is gripping my shoulder like a lifeline as we plummet through the darkness. I look down and see a magic circle opening below us.

Kali screams as we approach it. A tingling sensation runs through my body as we pass through it. Once we've completely passed through, my eyes are blinded by the bright lights of wherever we are. As I look down I realize we are falling through the air.

"Aahhh!!" I scream as I fall. Kali springs into action and flies herself to safety. Unfortunately, she forgot one thing... Me! Before I can yell at her to save me, I crash into a table on the ground.

"Nashi!" Kali cries. She swoops to my side. "Are you okay?"

"No." I groan. I sit up on the now broken table and rub my head. "That hurt... a lot." I open my eyes to see a perplexing sight. I'm still in Fairy Tail. The guild hall is like a giant castle, but it's different. I don't wanna say it looks smaller, but it does. I look around and notice that I landed on a table occupied by a few guild members. They stare at me, perplexed by the teenager sitting on their lunch.

"Sorry." I smile and climb off the broken table. When I turn around to face the guild, they all have the same expression. "Um, hey guys. Sorry about the table." I smile.

I feel a sudden jolt as I'm pulled backwards. I feel a cold sensation on my neck and look down to see a sword under my chin.

"Whoa Hey!" I shout.

"Who are you?" The voice says. I recognize that voice, it's Erza!

"Erza! It's me Nashi." I feel the sword pull away from my neck slightly. She's letting her guard down. She moves the sword down and points it at my back. I slowly turn around to face my Aunt, but what I see blows my mind. She's young! She's got to be my age, maybe older. My mouth is gaping open like an idiot. Kali floats down to my level, her eyes are wide and her mouth hangs open.

"I don't think we're in Fairy Tail anymore." Kali squeaks. I nod my head and look around. The hall is filled with my dad's friends, all of them significantly younger.

I see Cana in her blue bikini top chugging a barrel of alcohol. Elfman is standing at the top of the stairs trying to intimidate me like a real man. Macao and Wakaba are middle aged men. What the heck is going on!

Then I see them, the people that matter most to me. Gray Fullbuster is shirtless and ready for a fight. Juvia cowers behind him with googly eyes. Gajeel Redfox acts casual eating his metal. Pantherlily is right at his side on the table. Wendy Marvel eyes me carefully while Carla glares at me.

Standing with them are the two most important people in the room, Natsu Dragneel and Lucy Heartfilia. Natsu's fists are on fire ready to attack. Lucy is reaching for her keys wondering if I am an enemy. All I can do is stare at them. They are so much younger, my age even! I want to run up and hug them, but Erza's sword is pointed at me. I can't risk it.

My father seems to notice my staring and I quickly avert my eyes. "Natsu who is that?" A squeaky voice asks. It's Happy!

"I don't know." He grumbles.

"Natsu?!" Kali screeches. Her eyes are bugging out of her head and her mouth is practically on the floor. "Holy cow!" Kali grabs me by the scarf and looks me dead in the eye."What did you do?!" She yells.

"Me?!" I shout. "You wanted to read the spell just as bad as I did."

"That was a bluff and you know it! Now look what you've done!" She turns to the crowd. "What year is it?!"

"784." Someone yells.

"784!" She screeches.

"How was I supposed to know this would happen?!"