xii

"You're what?" He asked, completely perplexed.

"I know that you're doing something which may not be legal but I cool with it. I'm in." I said again.

He looked at me for a solid minute. We sat in silence for that minute, with his dark eyes glued to mine.

"You are a nutcase." He said, breaking the silence.

"Give me an explanation for all the banging noises, screams and an actual arm in a garbage bag. Give me a legal, logical explanation. And I'll believe you." I said.

"I don't owe you an explanation." He said firmly as he pointed at me.

"That's right. You don't owe me anything. Yet I have the next target for you." I said.

He looked at the ceiling, as if he were asking god to help him get out of the situation. But I knew that if there were a god, they would be on my side.

"I was working late today, so the Office was empty. Well, almost empty. Only Nigel, my boss, and I were there. He came into my office and told me that I'm a very distracted person. He said that I can't focus on my job and that he had been thinking about letting me go. I apologised to him and asked for a second chance. And he.. he had the audacity to ask me to sleep with him. He said that if I didn't listen to his order, he would fire me. Since I refused his insane offer, that's what he did. He actually fired me." I said, tearing up.

"That's horrible. What do you want to do?" Lucius replied.

"Whatever I can. He is a sick human being. I need your help to torture him."

"Maya, what's going on? You can't torture every person you don't like." He replied.

"I figured that that's what you do." I relied.