Duke x McNamara

Duke x McNamara:

The Heathers have a sleepover, and Duke and McNamara are very gay for each other.

Fluff.

For RozstaRontec.

***

Duke POV:

Heather McNamara has always been the host for sleepovers, what with her huge house and pool in the back, equipped with a hot tub. She's even got staff on hand if we need anything, seeing as her parents are usually on some business trip or another. She's always thrilled to have Chandler and I over, and we have sleepovers nearly every Friday that we have free.

This Friday happened to be one of those free Fridays.

We're all currently watching a movie. Her parents got her a flat-screen when she turned fifteen, and it's mounted on the wall facing her bed so that we can all watch movies in her room. I don't know what we're watching, honestly. Something Chandler put on. I've never really been one for horror movies, and I'm almost sure that's what Chandler decided we should watch.

"It's not even that bad," she says when she notices Mac jump as some sort of deformed creature jumps at the camera. Did she pick a zombie movie or something?

"Being a little startled when something with the flesh falling off of its face jumps at the camera seems like a normal reaction to me," I reply, sinking into McNamara's pillows. She and Chandler are seated in front of the bed, on the floor. 

"Well, Mac, if you're going to be such a pussy, you can go sit with Duke on the bed," Chandler tells the smaller girl, and she looks like she's strongly considering it. The creature on the screen lets out a loud groan and bites down on one of the main characters' necks, and Mac lets out a yelp, jumping back again and standing this time, running towards the bed and climbing in next to me. I hear Chandler sigh, no doubt rolling her eyes. 

"I'm not scared," McNamara says unconvincingly. "It's just, um... It's just bloody."

"A little blood never hurt anyone," Chandler replies. 

There's a blood-curling scream from the T.V., and Mac grabs onto me instinctively. She seems apologetic, letting go and moving back a bit. 

"It's okay," I say. "You're fine."

"R-Really?" she stammers.

"Yeah," I tell her. "This movie's fucking gory. I don't blame you."

She sinks into my side, and I relax. This is nice. She smells like the perfume she always wears. It's some sort of lavender scent or something. It's pretty. Every time there's a scream or a groan, she gets startled, and I put an arm around her hesitantly. This seems to calm her down.

"You two are pussies," Chandler sing-songs from the floor.

I hold up a middle finger towards Chandler that she can't see, and McNamara giggles. This makes me smile, and I put my hand back down again. 

"It's getting late," McNamara says. "Can't we turn off the movie?"

"What, you want to go to sleep? It's only like two in the morning," Chandler replies, turning to face us. When she sees McNamara at my side with my arm around her, she smirks. "I see I've reached the cuddle puddle," she teases.

"Shut up, Heather," I grumble, moving my arm and sitting up. 

"Look, if you don't want to watch movies, what do you want to do?" she asks, standing and crossing her arms. Then, a sort of sinister smile spreads across her face. "Wait, I know. Let's play Truth or Dare."

"If you're up for it, Mac," I say, turning to McNamara. She just looks relieved that we don't have to watch the horror movie anymore.

"Sounds good to me," she says with a smile.

***

Moments later, we're in Mac's living room, sitting on the couch with Mac sitting on the L part of the couch. I lean back into the pillows on the far left side, watching Chandler, who is about to ask the first question. She turns to face me. "Truth or dare?" she asks, a smile playing on her lips.

"Truth," I respond immediately.

She rolls her eyes. "Oh, come on. Don't be a pussy."

"Fine," I reply. "Dare. Are you happy?"

"Very," Chandler says with a smile. "Okay. I dare you to..." She ponders for a moment, looking around her. God knows what she's looking for. Then her eyes fall on Mac, and her smile grows. Oh, no. She looks back at me again. "I dare you to kiss Heather."

McNamara looks up at me and then to Chandler, a look of confusion on her face. "You...?" 

"I dared Heather to kiss you," Chandler explains. "Go on, Heather. Just a quick kiss."

It's just a kiss. McNamara's my friend. I can do this, right? Sure. I can do this. It's fine. "This alright with you?" I ask McNamara.

"Um, sure," she answers, looking slightly nervous.

"Great," I say, and I stand, moving over to her. I lean down, and she tilts her face up to look at me. I instinctively reach a hand up to cup her cheek, pressing my lips to hers. They're soft and warm, and I can taste whatever chapstick she's using. It tastes like berries. It's nice compared to the alcohol I usually taste on Kurt or Ram's lips. She's gentler than them, too, and I find myself melting into the kiss. When I finally pull away, I almost forget about the dare, and then I see Chandler staring at us, eyes wide. 

"Damn," she comments. "That was some kiss, Heather."

I feel my cheeks go hot, and I know that I'm blushing. I look at McNamara, whose cheeks are turning pink. She looks nervous, but a tiny smile appears on her face. Maybe she enjoyed it. Maybe I did, too.

***

It's not until much later that the three of us finally decide to go back to McNamara's room to sleep. Chandler is the first one asleep, curling up in her red sleeping bag on the floor. McNamara always sleeps on the floor with us when we're over, and her sleeping bag is situated right next to mine. She's already in hers, and as I slip into mine, I think she's asleep. As I lay down next to her, however, I realize that she's not.

"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable earlier," I say.

"I... I wasn't uncomfortable," comes the shy response.

Before I know what's happening, she kisses me, pressing her lips gently to mine. I let her, reaching my hand up to cup her cheek again. She pulls away after a few seconds, and I almost wish she hadn't pulled away so soon.

"Goodnight, Heather," she whispers.

"Goodnight," I reply.

This has been a very interesting sleepover.

***

A/N:

I hope you guys liked this one-shot! I had fun writing it. I know it's sort of the typical "truth or dare kiss" situation, but I hope you liked it anyhow! Leave a comment if you have any suggestions! 

My next one is going to be a Barrett and Jess one-shot, as requested by TheKoolestBeans.

Thanks for reading!

-LittleMissBlitz