7

C A L E B

There was this abandoned music store that was kind of a hang out for a secret community of musicians.  It had been foreclosed about two years ago and nobody wanted the property.  In the back of the store, there were little studios that had different instruments in them.  I liked studio 11.  There was a purple piano in it that had writing from all different artists and musicians.  I had kind of deemed it as my own by now, but obviously others could use it.

I started to learn a song that I heard on the radio.  I wanted to learn it so I could play it for Ella someday.  Today was that day. I grabbed her hand and lead her out of the pizza shop.  Since the place was just down the street, there was no need to take a car.

"Where are you taking me?" Ella giggled from behind me.

"It's a surprise, dummy.  I can't tell you." I laughed at her.

There was a fence surrounding the area, so I hopped on it and started to climb over.  I didn't get very far until Ella stopped me.

"Wait, isn't this illegal or something? Trespassing, breaking and entering?" She looked up at me from where she stood on the ground.

"Technically trespassing, but we aren't breaking anything.  This is common, police don't watch this part of town and plus, there are so many people who do this." I assured her.

"Are you positive?"

"Yes."

I finished climbing over and hopped down the other side.  Ella grabbed onto the fence as she struggled to climb it.  Once I could reach her hand from the other side of the fence, I grabbed it and helped her over.  She jumped down and wobbled a bit as she stood up.  She smiled at me and took my hand in hers once again.  I led her behind the building where the back door was always propped open the slightest bit since the lock was jammed.  I jiggled the knob until the door swung open and we walked inside.

The store smelled of old wood.  It was most likely from the guitars and pianos, but I liked the smell.  I turned on a light and walked down the small corridor before getting to room 11.  I opened the door with ease and held it open for Ella.  She stepped in and I walked behind her, flipping a light switch.  The room lit up with fairy lights all around the walls.  She turned around and stared at me incredulously.  

"What is this place?" She asked.

"A studio in an old music store.  I set up the fair lights a while ago.  I wanted to show you someday." I told her.  I led her towards the piano and sat her down in a chair next to it.  I sat in front of the piano and opened the piano cover and hovered my fingers over the keys.  I ran through every single note and lyric in my brain before I started the intro to the song.

"You think that you know my heart .  And you probably do, so I'm always with you.  I could stay with you for hours, in an empty room and never get bored.  Never have nothing to do." I sang.

"You're my other half

You're what makes me me
What makes me smile
When I fall down and can't get back, get back, get back up
On my feet Without you here I am boring
Something inside you is triggering
It makes me myself
Makes me funny, you're a beautiful thing We're a beautiful thing together
Even when the weather is low
You're a beautiful thing
We're a beautiful thing together
Even when the weather is low
We find the rainbow
Up in the sky
You'd say don't you cry, it's all gonna be alright If we ever gone through a fight oh that would be bad
'Cause you know all of my secrets
But I know all of yours We make hours turn into seconds together
The weight of the world feel like a feather
'Cause we're holding it right in our hands You're my other half
You're what makes me me
What makes me smile
When I fall down and can't get back up, get back, get back up
On my feet Without you here I am boring
Something inside you is triggering
It makes me myself
Makes me funny You're a beautiful thing
We're a beautiful thing together
Even when the weather is low
You're a beautiful thing
We're a beautiful thing together
Even when the weather is lowYou and me
Together, we'll forget what we have been told
We'll live in our own dream world
You and me, forever
We'll forget what we have been told
We will take on the whole worldWithout you here I am boring
Something inside you is triggering
It makes me myself, it makes me funny
You're a beautiful thing
We're a beautiful thing together
Even when the weather is low