14

E L L A 

It had been a week since I started talking again.  I could tell it was definitely a weight off of Ashtons shoulders, given everything that has happened.  I'm finally ready to head back to school, even though I can't shake the butterflies in my stomach.  I hadn't seen Diana or Caleb since they were on a school trip for the past week, but I can't wait to see them.

I went about my morning as usual, showering, brushing my teeth and doing my hair and makeup.  I rummaged through my closet, looking for the perfect outfit to wear for my return.  I decided on a pair of red, straight bell-bottom pants and I tucked in a white t-shirt that said "introvert" in black bold letters.  The pants were something new, I was trying to think outside of the box and remembered that Bryana had given them to me after a photoshoot.  They fit surprisingly well, and I almost wanted to do a little happy dance with how good I looked.  I finished the look off with a pair of black high heeled sandals.

Once I was finished getting ready, I headed downstairs to grab some breakfast.  Ashton was already down there, typing away feverishly at his laptop.  He looked concentrated, and also like he hadn't slept in hours.  I realized that I had seen him in that exact spot after dinner the night prior.

"Ash? Did you ever go up to bed?" I asked him, slightly concerned.  His head shot up, and his eyes were bloodshot and had bags under them.  He whipped his head around to look at the clock on the wall, and I saw his eyes widen in disbelief, blinking a few times to make sure he was seeing correctly.

"Um, I guess I forgot to.  I've just been so busy working out the bands schedule and moving things around so that I can meet with the lawyers, that I lost track of time.  I have to go get ready.  I have a management meeting with the boys at 10." He shut the lid of his laptop and started to get up.

"You can't go to the meeting if you haven't gotten any sleep!" I scolded.  Bryana wasn't going to be very happy about this either.

"I have to, it's an important meeting.  Trust me, I've pulled all nighters before, I can stand one more.  Just please don't tell Bryana, okay?" He pleaded.  I hesitated for a minute, weighing my options.  Finally I sighed and nodded, unhappily to say the least.

"Thank you!" He ran over and kissed me on the forehead before pacing towards the door.  "Oh you look lovely, by the way!" He turned around to say before disappearing from the doorway.  I shook my head with a slight smile and made my way over to the refrigerator. 

I only had about 10 minutes until I had to be at the bus stop.  I decided to grab a yogurt and eat it as quick as possible.  I sat at the table eating and scrolling through instagram when Luke came down into the kitchen.  Things between Luke and I had been awkward ever since- well, forever.  I guess we just never actually defined our feelings for each other, so we're just in this limbo.  Except I have Caleb.  And I love Caleb.  I can't deny that I have some unresolved feeling for Luke, but that can't matter.  I have a boyfriend who I love and care about very much.  And that's that.

Luke grabbed a cold slice of pizza out of the fridge before looking at me, nodding his head, and then leaving the kitchen.  With that, I finished my yogurt and threw the cup away.  It was time for me to head out.  

As I made my way towards the bus stop, I could see Caleb looking down at his phone in the distance.  I received a text from him earlier, saying he would come to see me and drop off homework after school, but I decided to ignore it because my arrival was supposed to be a surprise.  

Even though it felt like the longest walk ever, I finally made it and couldn't stop a smile from spreading onto my face.  Caleb glanced up from his phone once I was in front of him.  The look on his face was priceless.  He immediately put his phone away and engulfed me in a warm hug.