Goodmorning

When Regis opened his eyes it was to a blurry view of a bright light and he couldn't help but panic slightly. Where was he. He blinked a few times and finally took notice of the steady beeping of a heart monitor and his own ragged breathing. The next thing he noticed was the firm grasp on his hand. Looking down he saw Rael leaned close to him, arms pulled close to his chest. He could feel Rael's heartbeat and smiled before coming to his senses.
     He couldn't remember much but he remember feeling Rael's presence and then the children's, after that it had just been a blur of screaming and then silence.
     He looked back down at his hand and tried to speak.
"R..Rael...wake......up" he was breathless by the end and his voice was hoarse and soft. He shook his hand uselessly against Rael's chest using all his little strength. But it did the trick as Rael groaned and rubbed his eyes before suddenly being wide awake and staring at Regis. Then the unthinkable happened and he burst into tears.
"Regis, your awake. Am I dreaming?" He clung to Regis's hand and stared hopefully into his eyes. Regis was speechless for a moment as he gathered his thoughts, he could feel himself begin to fall back asleep.
"Yeah, don't worry. I'll be okay. Oh and Rael?"
Regis reached up and clumsily wiped one of Rael's cheeks with his hands, "love you too." And with that he was out again.