The Babysitter

This happened a couple weeks ago and is the most recent creepy moment I can recall.

I on and off again babysit this two-year-old while his parents have a date night. Once before my friend was babysitting him and he started talking to his "grandpa" (who his parents say he never met as he had died before the kid was born). So whenever I babysit him, I prepare for something weird like that to happen again.

Of course this night were in his living room and he points at an empty wall in front of us "Grandpa" is all he says. He's two and doesn't talk a whole lot so I didn't ask for an explanation. Instead I start talking about other things because it's creeping me out. The kid then widens his eyes and grips the chair he's sitting in, chattering his teeth and shaking uncontrollably. Here's me freaking the fuck out so I grab him and tell him that it's time to watch a movie before bed.

Later that night, I'm about to take him upstairs when I noticed the door was unlocked. I locked it and turned the knob, shaking the door, to reaffirm that it's locked (I do this without fail to every door I lock, it's a dumb quirk) and then carry him upstairs to bed since he's already half asleep.

I'm in his room for about 20 minutes and when he's finally out I leave him and go back downstairs. The front door is directly in front of the stairs and guess what. THE DOOR IS UNLOCKED. Immediately I think that this is going to be a horror movie and think that it's a smart idea to check around the house. Nothing out of the ordinary. I even go upstairs to check on the kid again. I didn't bother looking in the other bedrooms because I had his door open when we were laying in there and would have seen anyone come up.

Anyways, after making sure he's okay, I go back downstairs and watch tv until his parents get home, jumping at every little noise. Freakiest night of my life and I had to debate for a solid hour when they asked me to watch him again a couple days later.