Final Clearance

Final Clearance And POP
On 30th March, i got my final clearance letter from my POP and on the 2nd May, i went for my final clearance and arrived my local government by 7:30am. Don’t blame me, i was excited to end my service year because CDS meeting (Sanitation CDS) was exhausting (traveling from my PPA to the Local government takes an hour), expensive, didn’t impact my life for the whole service year and it was super duper boring all at the same time.
Back to final clearance day, i waited till after 10am before my LGI showed and started clearance with Pregnant and nursing mothers which were unending. It took 2hours and they werent even close to finishing then the LGI decided to show mercy on those that actually came early. Hmmmm! See me smilling like a cherry cat, only to reach my turn and i was returned to go pay for my CDS card that has 5 spaces with no signature. My LGI and her assistant collected between #2,000 - #5,000 from corp members, kept us standing and waiting for 12hours that is for those who came early so as to go early before we were finally cleared. That day was worst than final year clearance in the university, i arrived home some minutes to 8p.m, ate in a restaurant, freshen up and crash in my fine bed only to wake up the next morning. They stole from us by asking us to pay for NYSC Foundation, pay for incomplete CDS card and they didn’t feel remorseful. Forgetting that life begins after NYSC and their offices as NYSC officials can be terminated with just one phone call to NYSC DG (hahahahahahaha that’s enough ranting for one day mammi).