NYSC in Lagos State

After a month i was posted to another place of primary assignment (PPA) where it took ,me two days to locate and i was then ready to serve my father’s land. On getting there i realised then that i was going to be a teacher but to my amazement the school had a total population of 27 students plus it was 5minutes trek from my house so it was cool and the pay was encouraging.

I took my bag after reported at my PPA and off I travelled to my state. Another 14 hours journey home but it was worth it. I stayed home, visited my cousins at Port Harcourt City and then returned after 3 weeks to continue serving my father’s land with dedication and selflessness. Lol!

School resumed and I was at first nervous about facing a class and actually teaching but this is mostly what service year is all about. Experience! When I eventually met my students it wasn't so bad except for the silly questions when I some topics are in the scheme. I taught for two terms and realised i actually enjoyed teaching.

The teachers were great. I was taught how to eat Amala and Ewedu, Ofada rice, oh I remember Agidi and goat meat pepper soup.
...those were the only food they were able to convince me to try. It was worth it and am already missing Yoruba land.

Come to think of the traffic stress. Well that's for me to recall and you to imagine if you are not a Lagosian.

All round it was an awesome experience as a Lagos State Ajuwai.

Read!
Vote!!
Comment!!