Prologue

Time seemed to drag on aimlessly as I sat at my desk and tapped my finger on its surface almost impatiently. It is the last day of school after all, and more specially my last day of my high school senior year. 

I heard loud chatter all throughout the classroom, mostly angsty 18 year old teenagers that just want to go home even though they know that they'll just have to come back later for the graduation ceremony that they make us all go to. In all honesty, I'd rather just receive my diploma in the mail. 

I never had many friends, but that never bothered me much. I've always been alone. Dad's a no good drunkard, and mom...

She's dead.

Mom...why did you have to go?

My mother was my only friend since preschool. I guess you could say that I'm a momma's boy, and I have accepted that fact, although spending so much time with your mom isn't going to get you many popularity points in all fairness. She died 10 years ago from a terminal illness. That was bad enough, but as an 8 year old child I was practically robbed of my childhood overnight. 

From that day onward, I knew that I wanted to help people because somewhere out there there is a child that was just like me and nobody deserves such a sad fate. I just don't want me or anyone else to be sad anymore.

All of a sudden sighs of relief and joy flooded the school as the final bell rang for us to go home and enjoy the summer warmth. I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder and started to walk out of the school.

I took a deep breath and took one last glimpse at the building.

This is only the beginning.