0.6

This chapter will be in Phil's perspective.

  "Get your ass down here, youre gonna be late for school!" my mum, Lynn calls down from the kitchen. I put my phone in my pocket and run through the house that has not been ours for long. I get to the kitchen and grab a granola bar from the counter since we don't have appliances to cook with at the moment. I find my mother lying on the couch watching TV. I roll my eyes. Sometimes I wonder if she still knows I exist. "I'm leaving.", I say. She dosent move her head. Dosent even bat an eye. I grab the keys and open the door, only to slam it shut. I get in my car, a black BMW, and turn on the engine. Why is it so fucking hard to say a simple goodbye, to your child that you moved all the way across the UK just to go to a new school in the middle of the year? I try but to think about it while I put the address into my phone and start driving to East High.

  I park my car after getting lost a couple hundred times, and get out my backpack. I put it on, but only one strap. I start waking toward the entrance of the school, but am sidetracked by these grungy group of kids beating the shit out of some kid. He looked around freshman year. What do I do? I ask myself. I was just about to go up to the fight when some girl greeted me.

     "Hey... You must be Phil?" I am startled by her presence but I greet her back kindly. "Hello! Yes, that would be me. Are you to show me around?" I smile. She smiles back. Her smile is pretty. "Yes, I am! My name is Ashley and I have all of my morning classes with you, so the administration put me to help you around." I nod and begin walking on the pavement with her to the front doors of the building. I try my best to look down, as I don't want the reddness in my cheeks showing. She has black hair, which she had curled, pale skin, and a fit body. Most likely the biggest boy magnet in the school.

    We get to the school and I, being the most of a gentleman I can be, quickly step in front of her to open the door for her. (What? Sorry for being raised right!) Her cheeks get red and she smiles as she walks through the door. I follow her. "So as it says here, you have art class first, then Advanced Geometry, and then..." She pauses. "You know what, just follow me for the morning and youll be good." She lightly giggles and turns red again. I chuckle and smile once again. "Allright then." I say, still smiling like an idiot. But it's okay, because she was still smiling too. We talked and talked until we reached the art room.

    "Would you like to sit by me?" Ashley asks. I turn red. "Sure, since I know literally no one here." I smile as I take my seat next to her. We continue talking until the teacher starts his lesson. While Mr. Stelting continued on about the elements of art or somthing, I looked over to see someone about 5 seats away from  me. For some reason, he intrigued me. He was wearing a black sweatshirt, (which looked 3 sizes to big on him might I add,) black ripped jeans and some converse. Why was he sitting all alone? His eyes were glued to the notebook on his desk. He seemed to be writing or drawing somthing. I wonder what he's doing. He moves his fringe out of his face and looks over to my side. Startled, I look to the front as fast as I can. Shit. I turn my head to the ground and keep my eyes glued there for the rest of the period.

    The entire day I spent with Ashley. Well the classes I did have with her I was with her. She had a lot of friends. Though I understood why, I still felt a bit awkward. Until I met these two guys. Thier names were Chris and Pj. They seemed nice enough, and didn't just talk to Ashley the whole time. That felt nice. They were apparently secretly dating, they told me. They explained that this school was the most homophobic school in all of Manchester. Great. I was really hoping that this school would be more accepting than my last school. I guess not.

     When the day was over, I said goodbye to Pj, Chris, and Ashley. They all wanted me to hang out with them tomorrow so I agreed. I walked to my car and drove home. What a great first day, I thought.

an /// did anyone notice the name change ? :)