1.5

I get into my car after another morning of my mother barely talking to her one and only son. I walked downstairs to get an apple before heading out, and what do I see? Her eyes glued to an illusion they call television. A blanket wrapped around her. "Your son is leaving and you haven't talked to him for 24 hours. Maybe a good idea to say goodbye?" I say angrily. Her eyes flicker to me and she manages to get out a "oh bye Phil" before turning back to her so beloved TV screen. God, I wish dad were here. I think too myself while staying the engine. I turn out of the coldasack and start heading to school. My dad is gone on business for a couple months so I guess this endless cycle of pretty much being ignored Will have to continue.

    I get to school feeling angrier than ever, but once I see Ashley smiling at me and motioning me to come over makes my mood a little bit brighter. Once I get over to what I think is Ashley, Chris, Pj and I's usual meeting spot. There's about 15 minutes berfore we all have to start heading to class, so we all just chat and laugh until we have to go. I find it mind boggiling that these people are actually accepting me. Especially Ashley. Someone that perfect should be hanging out with someone of the same social ranking. And I'm at the bottom.

    The first bell rings, indicating fire us to start going to class. "well bye guys! See you at lunch!" I say, trying to sound somewhat confident. Chris and Pj smile and wave. (smile and wave boys, just smile and wave) Pj laughs and says "now you two have fun, love birds!" Ashleys face reddens and punches Pj in the chest. Chris laughs his ass off. I tried to cover up a chuckle. Then Ashley looks at me and says "shall we be going?" and smiles. I smile back. She links her arm with mine and while we are walking to art, she starts singing "Follow the yellow Brick Road", which resulted in me almost falling over from the cuteness overload.

    We sit down in our usual spots and Dan is in his. He looks super tired from when I glanced at him. He had slightly wavy hair instead of strait, and he had bags under his eyes. He must not have gotten much sleep. Just like me,because i don't sleep. I'm anxious to know what my partner is in Art today. I hope it's Ashley.

Ring.

     As soon as the bell rings the teacher starts talking. "if you remember yesterday we will be starting a new project. You and possibly someone else will be sketching and painting a sunset. You will have to use a color theme also. I will now read off who will be working together.

Troye and Tyler, Louise and Cat, Lance and Nick, Shane and Sam, Zoey and Justin, and Phil and Ashley. One person will sketch and the other person will paint. Your work time begins now. "

And just like that, the whole room erupted into movement and sound and dynamic. I looked at Ash excitedly. She looked just as happy, maybe more." I can't belive we got paired together!" Before I knew it, she had her arms around me, giving me a hug. I tensed up at first but soon hugged her back still in awe.

   When she let go she raised an eyebrow and whispered, "Looks like Dan is staring at you." my face goes red. I want to look and see what hes doing but that would just be awkward due the both of us. "oh really? I wonder why." I shrug and she she does to. We end up talking the whole class period and dont get a single thing done. Once we realized that the bell was about to ring, we got up and packed our stuff to head to next period. While we are walking, Ashleys beautiful voice fills the air. "ya know, since we have this project to do, how about we exchange phone numbers and you can come to mine sometime?"

   A pang of joy fills my heart as I nod excitedly. She smiles and gets out her phone, as I do also. We swap phones and put our numbers in. We switch back and continue to walk in harmony.

an // i just had an actual cry fest from this SAD ASS jikook i cant anymore