chapter 11: key

"Lena, this is Pari. They are the brains of the team. See they don't fight....they track."

Lena couldn't help but notice first that Pari's short hair was a neon pink color with a silver-white underlayer and that they were wearing a zoo keeper's uniform.

"Hello, nice to finally meet you and sorry if Betty scared Yulia so much yesterday."

They stated, earning a glare from Yulia

"You named that fucking thing Betty? How insane are you?"

Pari just smirked as they retorted

"could ask you the same thing. Besides, honest psychos don't need healing."

Yulia rolled her eyes at that.

"Whatever. Just do me a favor and take Katya to feed the hummingbirds while I scope out a place for lunch. She won't be hungry because she had like two bars of chocolate before we came."

She stated before grabbing Lena's hand.

"Whoa, hold on. Who's fault is that? You were the one giving her candy!"

Lena retorted before adding in a whisper

"Is it safe? Letting them take Katya? What if someone tries something?"

Yulia just smirked.

"Those sunglasses aren't just glasses Lena. Those things track everyone's movements and Pari is fast. They are the best shooter we've got but their better with technology. I wouldn't let Katya go with them if I didn't think that she would be safe."

Much later that evening Lena went into Ivan's office, slightly nervous though when she saw the man sitting hunched over a laptop while eating a cup of instant noodles her fears vanished slightly.

"Sir. I know I don't work under you but.....I want to learn how to shoot. I want the same training that the others here had. I don't want everyone risking their necks while I sit like some clubbed catfish and let them fight for me and my sister."

She stated, earning a surprised look.

"well Miss Katina. You'll have to take this argument up with Yulia since she seems a bit protective of you but here's a key to the armory and training rooms. May I suggest on getting Pari to teach you how to shoot and Yulia knows more about knives and explosives. It's nice meeting you Lena and....Trust me I understand."

Something about the tone of his voice assured Lena that he did, though she wouldn't ask now.

"thank you sir."

She replied, taking the key though he just smiled slightly

"Just call me Ivan."