chapter 16: betrayed

"So what are we going to tell your sister?"

Yulia asked while they drove back toward the base.

"Let her figure it out on her own. She's always snooping in my business anyway."

Lena retorted, earning a laugh.

"Oh yeah, let your sister see us kiss or something and then freak out."

Yulia retorted just as her cellphone rang.

groaning she flipped it open and answered.

"What is it Ivan? Anaya did what? What the fucking hell? Alright....Lena and I are on our way."

After hanging up Yulia turned to Lena.

"You have two options. Either let me drive or You can get in on the action."

Yulia stated, concern washing over her face though Lena just sighed.

"There's no way in hell I am letting you walk in there on your own. Besides I don't trust Anya."

As they entered the building Lena was careful to have her gun drawn, the inferred technological goggles easily picking up the presance of body heat in the next room.

"Three...In the next room."

Lena stated, earning a smirk.

"Three? Really? We can get out of this mess without killing....if we're lucky."

Yulia whispered back as she walked Slowly toward the door, throwing in a bomb type object that instantly released a bright blue gas.

"Hurry, go outside."

Yulia ordered, practically pulling Lena along.

Once outside Lena looked at Yulia, panting.

"What was that?"

She asked, earning a smirk

"Sleep gas. Pari color codes everything. Helps with their OCD. If it was pink gas, then you could say they were dead."

After a few minutes they went back inside, though Yulia froze at who she saw laying on the floor.

"Lena, help me get Anya and drag her ass out of here before I do something I'll regret."

Yulia commented she lifted Anya's upper body.

After loading Anya in the back of Yulia's car Yulia got into the driver's seat.

"Hope you don't get motion sick."

Lena had never seen someone be able to drive that fast and stay on the right lane of the highway. But Yulia could, though from the tension that was set in her jaw there was something wrong."

"Yulia? Are you okay?"

She asked later that evening after Katya was in bed and the two older teens where sitting in middle of the room they all shared.

"You seen the tall guy with blonde hair?"

Yulia responded, her voice breaking slightly.

"Yeah, who is he?"

Lena responded, taking Yulia's hand.

Yulia sat quiet for some time before finally speaking, her voice almost too low to hear when she did

"He's my father. Anya was going to tell him where I was."