chapter 41: Heartbreak and Revelations

Author's note: This chapter may be triggering to some readers. Read at your own risk.

Lena had just gotten outside when she saw the other girl sitting on the curve, a pistol in one hand. Lena's heart jumped into her throat when she saw this but from the sounds coming from the other girl signaled that she hadn't done anything....yet.

Rushing over to her, she jerked the gun from the brunette's rather weak grip, tossing it across the parking lot before sinking down next to Yulia's sobbing form.

"What the hell were you thinking?"

She asked, her own tears spilling over now as Yulia looked up, her exspression completely heartbroken.

"What do you care? You should just let me die."

Yulia bit back, jerking away though Lena was able to easily grab her arm, keeping her in place.

"Because I love you. Yulia, I would never do anything to hurt you. The girl I was with is called Anna, We were catching up since I hadn't seen her in forever and we took Katya to the carnival that was in town and why she was holding to my arm in that last picture....We were roller blading and she nearly face-planted twice!"

Lena exsplained through her tears as she turned Yulia to face her.

"I swear on all that is holy, nothing happened Yulia. I told you on the phone I'd be hanging out with friends....I don't know who left you the note or photos but whoever it was is wrong."

Yulia, even in her half-drunken state could see that Lena was almost frantic, but obviously she wasn't that good of a lair.

"I don't know what to believe Lena."

She stated, pulling away before adding

"You'd be better off without a freaking loser like me anyway, I wouldn't blame you."

Lena hated how Yulia's voice sounded, the light in her eyes faded in such a way that it reminded her of those weeks where Yulia was hospitalized after the hate crime orchestrated by her own father. The sight broke Lena's heart.

"Yulia, No I wouldn't. No one I have ever met has been more patient or caring as you have. When you said you'd take it slow, you meant it even when I know you had a hard time controlling yourself. Don't you understand Yulia? I love you with everything in me."

Lena all but sobbed as she stood there, dry lightening flashing across the otherwise clear skies overhead.

Yulia stood there in silence for what felt to Lena like hours before she responded

"I'm sorry Lena."

Before heading into the building.

Lena wasn't sure exactly what Yulia was apologizing for but she couldn't help but to break down once the other girl was out of earshot.

Yulia had barely made it into the main hall when she heard the take tell sound of a gun going off outside, instantly causing her to bolt back the way she came.