Chapter Eight: So Like Star Wars, Right?

~~New York City, New York~~

Maximilian Warner was easily one of the hottest older guys Stiles had ever seen. Although he was clearly into his late 40's or early 50's there wasn't a gray hair in sight on a head full of dirty blonde hair, and Stiles could tell he visited the gym frequently by the muscles bulging out of his short sleeved maroon V-neck. 

Maximilian reminded Stiles of Peter for some reason, maybe it was the piercing blue eyes that reminded him of Peter in beta shift. Maximilian didn't remind him of Peter personality wise though. Not in a 'im a murderer lmao' way but with his cunning and calculated gaze. Although, unlike Peter whose manipulative ways could practically be sensed, Maximilian's presence seemed to calm and reassure Stiles like a gentle embrace. 

Alex giggled and waggled her eyebrows at her little brother who was ogling Max like no tomorrow. After inviting both Val and Maximilian, along with Daniel over for lunch to hopefully explain and ease her brother into the actual  world of the supernatural (and not the shit fest he got sucked into back in Beacon Hills thank you very much), Alex had never been more sure of anything. Max had taken to Stiles like a fish to water. Of course not in any romantic way, since Max was happily married, but in a mentor and pupil sort of way. 

"No Stiles, this isn't like Star Wars," Max exasperatedly explained for the tenth time. Stiles grinned, "But it has the whole Light side verses Dark side thing going on, just like in Star Wars, so it's kind of is though." 

As Max explained the importance of keeping the balance within the supernatural world, a loud and persistent knocking sounded at the door. Daniel looked up and giggled a bit before grinning lecherously at Alex. "Lover boy is at the door, darling and he's definitely not going to be leaving on his own."

Alex groaned as her head hit the marble counter top. No fucking way this was happening right now. "You know for a Seer, you very RARELY see anything useful ever, Daniel," Alex frowned. Daniel just shrugged and waggled his eyebrows. "It's not MY fault you constantly hang around a fucking Succubus. I can't see shit but all the different people Val's going to screw when she's around. I'm constantly trying not to gag," Daniel complained, making Val's head snap up to grin at him. "I never took you for Voyeurism Daniel, kinky...I like it." Daniel fake gagged and squeezed his eyes closed. "No thank you honey, your equipment does absolutely nothing for me, but back to Alex, aren't you going to answer the door. I know Valentino is practically dying to see you." As he said this Valentino started his knocking again fervently, coincidentally of course, there was no way he could hear them through the front door, not with all the silencing wards Alex had placed on it over the years.

"Alex, please at least talk to me!" Valentino pleaded through the door. Alex sighed, things with Valentino had gotten really bad about a month ago, he had gotten some type of cold feet about their relationship after hanging out with some of his old friends and had ended up cheating on her. Even though he had immediately regretted it and told her, she was still inconsolable. They had been dating for three, almost four years, and his betrayal crushed her, so she had asked for some space, which evidently he refused to give her now. 

"Val, please go deal with him, I really can't see him right now, especially not while I'm trying to help Genim," Alex pleaded. Val gave her a sad, soft smile and nodded, getting up to chew out her brother for not understanding what the hell SPACE was. 

"That was very tense...Are you alright, Alex?" Max asked, coughing slightly to try and mask his comfortableness. Stiles could tell his sister was hurting but was trying to be strong, and even though Max had asked the question already, Stiles knew what her answer would be. "Of course, I'm fine Max. Now that you've given Genim the boring history lesson though, we can get to the GOOD stuff, the magic," Alex clapped her hands rubbing them together, almost evilly. "Tell me baby brother, what would you say if I told you, that you had the power to get everything you've ever wanted at the tips of your fingers since the day you were born, but you just never knew how to access it? This is going to be so much fun."

*******A/N: I'M SO SORRY THIS IS SO LATE, HORRIBLE AND SHORT!!!!!!!! BUT FOR THE STORY TO CONTINUE WE NEEDED MAX AND SO I HAD TO DO A SHORT INTRO FOR HIM BASICALLY. ALSO VALENTINO WILL BE IMPORTANT LATER AND SO WILL DANIEL'S SEER ABILITIES! I WILL TRY TO UPDATE AGAIN SOON! 

NEXT CHAPTER HIGHLIGHTS: MAX'S OLD FRIEND DEUCALION REACHES OUT TO HIM AFTER YEARS OF SILENCE FOR SOME HELP WITH SOME 'FERAL BETAS' FROM 'HIS' PACK, SUSPICIOUS MUCH? STILES LEARNS SOME NEW TRICKS, AND JOHN DEBATES COMING TO NYC FOR ALEX'S UPCOMING BIRTHDAY! 

~XOXO