Chapter Nine: Infinity

Stiles couldn't believe that there was once a time that sitting in the immaculate sitting room of someone like Maximillian Warner's manor wouldn't have been possible. Especially since that once upon a time was only a few weeks prior. Ever since their initial introduction Max had been teaching him how to use Lekka magia, and the way of the Guardians.

"Your power is manifesting rather quickly for someone who hasn't used their Spark before." Max was rather impressed. After working with Stiles for only three weeks, he had vastly improved in his control. Alex had jokingly implied it was a Stilinski family trait when he first remarked on it back when he had mentored her, and after mentoring Stiles as well he was inclined to believe it.

As it turns out, his dad shipping him off to the other side of the country was probably one of the best things he had ever experienced. Not only was he more than the token human but he was special, powerful and it was improving his confidence tenfold.

"I've always been one to dive head first into things that interest me, Max and I must say, you're definitely not a boring teacher," Stiles chuckled packing up his things from his lesson. He shot a text message to his sister to let her know he was finished and she could come pick him up.

Max chuckled and then sighed apologetically as he walked Stiles to the front entrance, "I'm sorry to have to cut our lessons short this week, but an old friend of mine has recently reached out to me about taming a few wild betas from his pack, urgent business, you understand, yes?" Stiles nodded his head sympathetically. "I understand, I knew a few betas with not so great control back home, they can get rather dangerous, take all the time you need, I'm sure Alex can pick up where we left off...speaking of Alex," Stiles nodded his head in the direction of the driveway where his sister sat in her white Mercedes with huge sunglasses on, blasting the ridiculously old and lame song, 'Call Me Maybe', no doubt in an attempt to completely embarrass him. 

Max laughed as he waved Stiles off and chuckled to himself as he headed to his study, the Stilinski siblings would be the death of him one day.

"Genim, do you understand how ridiculous it is to drive in this city, and yet here I am, picking you up to take you to lunch once again. Tell me how amazing I am please,"Alex pouted as she sped off. Stiles laughed, pushing his seat back and putting his feet on the dashboard. "Alex, you're literally bringing us to Daniel's, where no doubt Val will be there and you two will gang up and bully him into cooking." He shook his head exasperated. Alex grinned sheepishly but shrugged. "I'm still pretty great Gen, and get your feet down you fucking hooligan, this isn't some used Toyota it's my baby!" She exclaimed affronted. Stiles laughed and and sighed contently. 

He hadn't felt this great and carefree since the day his sister first left for college.

~Beacon Hills, California~

The weeks hadn't been kind and the pack was practically a wreck. With Erica and Boyd still missing and people going missing only to turn up dead, things were looking bleak. Plus with Stiles gone, getting information seemed practically impossible, even with a genius like Lydia helping them and the Argents beastiary. Stiles was always the one to put all the little clues together and without him they really weren't sure exactly what was killing people in Beacon Hills. While they initial believed it was Witches, now they weren't so sure due to the ritualistic ways the bodies were placed. Deaton was as tight lipped as ever and the bodies were piling up.

Everyone was on edge, especially Derek who felt like a complete failure. He couldn't keep Hale territory, his territory, safe. Hell he could barely keep his pack together let alone keep them safe. It had all seemed so simple after he had killed Peter. He could start his own pack, maybe get back some sort of family bond now that his whole family was gone. Now two of his two of his betas were gone, Peter somehow was back and something was killing people all over town.

And for some reason, when all he could think about was how did things go wrong, his mind always wandered back to the amber eyed, talkative, spastic human. Stiles had held them all together without anyone even knowing.

**A/N: I DID IT GUYS. IT'S BEEN MONTHS I KNOW BUT I'M BACK. FOR SOME REASON I KEEP FORGETTING WATTPADS EXISTINCE LMAO**