chapter nine | chloe

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Just keep your chin up and smile

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Just keep your chin up and smile. Walk in there like you own the place. Like you have nothing to worry about, because you don't. Today is going to be great.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I approach the doors to the school confidently. I am confident. Today I'm not going to let anyone push me around. For the first time I am going to hold my own. Nobody will get to me today. No one. Not even Maddie.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I walk over to my locker and begin to put in my combination. But I pause. What if they put something in here. I purse my lips. So as I open it I jump to the side, in case something comes flying out.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Ahhh!"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I turn around to face the shy looking brunette boy I had just jumped into. "Oh, uh, I'm sorry." I replied as I look down at the ground to see his books and papers scattered everywhere. "Here I'll help you pick them up" I smile. "Um thanks." He speaks quietly, while scratching the back of his neck.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As I bend down to pick up his belongings I get a glimpse of his eyes. They're beautiful, a sparkling emerald. He bends down to pick his stuff up as well.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I clear my throat, "so are you new here? I haven't seen you around before."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He looks up at me, flashing those green eyes once more. "Yeah, I just transferred." He replied. "Really? Where from? I ask. "Stillwater." He smiles sheepishly. I furrow my brows, confused. Stillwater is only a few minutes away, why transfer so late into the year?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"So why did you move?" I ask, curiously. He looks up at me, some sort of dullness fills his eyes and a sad expression appears on his face. He runs his hand through his hair. "Uh- I don't really want to talk about it." He murmurs, biting his lip. I tilt my head and look at him, narrowing my eyes. Then I smile, "that's okay." He looks up at me and gives me a crooked smile.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We stand up and I hand him his books. "Thanks." He speaks. "It's okay" I reply. He begins to walk away. "Wait!" I call. He turns back around to face me. "I didn't catch your name" I smile. He chuckles, "Ricky, Ricky Garcia."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'm Chloe."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
[a/n OKAY DONT KILL ME LMAO I KNOW I HAVENT POSTED IN FOREVER, IVE JUST BEEN V BUSY HAHA]