chapter twelve | chloe

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I hum happily as I waltz through my doors and plunk myself on the couch

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I hum happily as I waltz through my doors and plunk myself on the couch.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hey Mom" I coo. "Hey sweetie, you seem very happy" she smiles, coming to sit next to me. "How was your day?"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Great, it was amazing!" I squeel. "I stood up to Maddie and I made new friends, oh yeah and I met a really cute boy-" My Mom starts laughing. "Ah I love when you do that" she sighs, running her fingers through my blonde hair. "Do what?" I ask. "Start rambling on when you're happy, it makes me happy, the way your eyes light up." She chuckles and so do I.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"So Mom, how was your day?" "It was pretty normal, working, talking to customers." Sh paused for a minute. "Though one weird thing did happen today" she continued. I tilted my head and looked at her, as if to say go on. "I thought I saw Madison." I narrowed my eyes and frowned a little, "who's Madison?"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She shook her head. "Just my old best friends daughter, the one who's husband died." "Ohhh" I reply, raising my head as I do so. "But anyway, that doesn't matter, I'm proud of you for sticking up for yourself." She hugs me. "I love you."