chapter ten | maddie

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Blue, or pink?" Kendall asks as she flips between two photos of her brand new shoes on her phone

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Blue, or pink?" Kendall asks as she flips between two photos of her brand new shoes on her phone.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Pink, it suits you better." I reply. We're standing by my locker and I'm touching up my hair, using the mirror I have hung up inside it. I take one last look to make sure my hair is perfect, then I slam my locker shut.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I smile at Kendall. "Let's go." We link arms and begin to walk to class, that's when I spot a certain someone about to walk past us. I snicker and stand in front of them.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Excuse me" Chloe Lukasiak speaks. I dig my eyes into her and tilt my head. "You're not going anywhere."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What do you want Maddie!?" She asks, rolling her eyes. How dare she. "What I want is for-" I'm cut off. "For what, Maddie? For me to go away? Leave? Die?" My mouth drops. She has never done this before. "Well I'm sorry but that's not gonna happen" she continues. I huff, "wow, little Chloe is finally speaking up."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yes." She smiles, "yes I am." By now a lot of people are listening to us. Chloe looks around. "But not just for me, but for everyone standing in this room, for everyone you have ever hurt or bullied. How would you like it Maddie? If you were the one who was constantly broken apart, everyday for no reason. If you were the on living in fear."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I bite my lip at that comment. Maybe I do know what that feels like. I can feel my cheeks burning and everyone's eyes on me. "Well?" She yells. I don't answer. She laughs, "that's what I thought." Everyone claps, I can feel my eyes slowly filling with water. Chloe is smiling from ear to ear. She takes one more look at me, then begins to walk away. Without thinking I quickly grab her arm, my grip tight.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Ouch!" She screeches, the claps and cheering have disappeared and now the silence is deafening. My eyes are filled with anger. "That hurts!" She yells. That's when I realise what I have done. I quickly release my grip and take a step back. I blink my eyes and drop my mouth in shock. Chloe and everyone else stares at me in disgust. I run through the crowd and to the restrooms.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I run into a stall and slam the door, locking it. I slide down the wall and let the waterworks begin. My head is in my hands and I have one thought traveling through my mind. How did I not realise? When did I become the very thing I was afraid of?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
[a/n OKAY DON'T KILL ME FOR NOT UPDATING IN FOREVER LMAO]