Chapter 1

I've had a bit of writer's block, but I kicked it to Alpha Centauri! Here it is, Chapter 1! This has a big time skip, but there might be flashbacks later. 

5 years later

It had been five years. Five long years since Hiccup had been killed by the Night Fury. For the first year or so, the village had been in mourning, but they had recovered, and the village was back to normal. Better than normal. A year ago, the dragon raids had stopped! No one knew why, bit no one was really trying to find out. And now, Trader Johann was here! The entire village flocked down, on to his boat, prodding at his wares, buying all that they needed. Fishlegs always loved his stories, so always talked to Trader Johann first.

"What new stories have you brought this time, Trader?" He asked, having cornered him.

"Well, Master Fishlegs, I do have a new one, now you come to mention it. You have noticed that the dragon raids have stopped? I can tell you why. One year ago, as I was inspecting my wares, a black dragon swooped down, and landed on my ship! Standing there, before my very eyes, was a Night Fury, no less! And that's not all, on it's back, there was a boy of about twenty! He was wearing a cloak made of the beast's scales and a mask, so that all you can see are his eyes. And he had a metal prosthetic where his left foot should have been! He traded for iron, leather, and rope. Then he simply flew off, into the glowing sunset!" Fishlegs stared, awestruck.

"Wow!" He said. "That's- That's incredible!"

"They call him the Dragon Master. He's built up quite a reputation, and no one knows what he looks like!"

"What did the dragon look like? Can you draw it? That would be a monumental addition to the Book of Dragons!"

And so the conversation went on.

------🦅------

6 months later

The village of Berk was having a council. There had been rumours that Drago was building a dragon army, and the village elders and Chiefs form many different tribes were discussing what to do.

"As you all know, we have gathered here to discuss the rumours of Drago Bludvist and what preventive measures should be taken. If these rumours are true, gods help us all." Said Stoick, standing up at the end of the table. "I suggest that we ally ourselves to greater our power. But that alone will not be enough. Suggestions, please."

"I say we ally ourselves with the Berserkers. Raise your hand if you agree." Said the Meathead chief. There was absolutely no movement.

"I say we fight dragons with dragons. We could make our own dragon army?" Said the Bog Burglar chief.

"How do you suggest we do that?" Retorted Stoick. "And, even if we could, we could never do it fast enough. But we could do it another way. There has been word of a 'Dragon Master'. Maybe we could ally ourselves with him?"

"Word? He's practically legend! The Dragon Master, the Night Fury rider. He's said to be able to speak to dragons, such is his power!" Said a chief from further down the table.

"Raise your hand if you agree to negotiate an alliance with the Dragon Master." Said Stoick. All hands were raised. "A unanimous vote. It is agreed. The council will disperse. We will contact the Dragon Master and negotiate a time for a meeting."

------🦅------

A few days later

Today was the day. The day that the Dragon Master arrived to negotiate the alliance. They had contacted him through Trader Johann, and he had agreed to negotiate. The village was buzzing with excitement. And not-so-far-away, a certain Night Fury was flying towards the village.

++++++

"Well, I never thought I'd be going back to this place, Bud." Said the Dragon Master in Dragonese, language of the Dragons, consisting mainly of growls and clicking sounds. It was insanely hard to learn. He removed his helmet. Underneath, he was still Hiccup in essence, but he had changed over the years. His hair had become shaggier, his eyes a brighter and more lively green, and he wore a black cloak with black leather armour underneath. His flight-suit was integrated into it and his mask was modelled from Toothless's head.

"Might as well get some air, looks like I'll be wearing this for quite a while later." He petted his dragon's head. Toothless warbled, and looked back with a gummy smile.

"You're nervous. I can feel it." Said Toothless.

"I just hoped never to go back here." Replied Hiccup. "I'll be okay."

And they flew on, towards Berk, and the people he had not seen for so long.

++++++

The villagers were starting to feel the Dragon Master would never arrive. The sun was setting, and there was no sign of a dragon for miles. Fishlegs was pacing in circles, such was his excitement.

"Oh, where is he, where is he?" He fretted, speeding up. As if in answer to his question, a sonic boom and a whistle was heard, and a Night Fury swept up from beneath the cliff on which Berk was situated. It did a loop the loop, then landed in the village centre. The assembled villagers "ooh"ed and "aah"ed. Fishlegs stood, mouth agape. A young man of about twenty dressed in a black dragon-scale cloak, black leather armour, and a leather and iron mask, swung himself lightly off the saddle on the dragon's back. He rotated his prosthetic leg, switching it to walking mode, and stood by his dragon.

"Thanks, Bud. Stay close. We don't know how friendly these people are." He said in Dragonese, but all the assembled crowd heard was growls and clicking sounds. A few mutterings of "It's true!", and "Is he talking to it?" was heard from the assembled Vikings. Stoick stepped forward, and cleared his throat.

"I am Stoick the Vast, chief of Berk, in the Barbaric Archipelago. And I presume you are the Dragon Master." He said.

"I am." The man replied.

"You have come to negotiate an alliance?"

"No."

"What do you mean, no? You agreed!"

"I mean I have come to train your dragons for you, and to teach you to ride them." He whistled, and a flock of dragons soared from below the cliff and hovered up above the great hall.

"And to negotiate and alliance." Said Stoick, pressing the point.

"Very well. If it makes you any happier."

And The Dragon Master, once known to the village as Hiccup, went with Toothless to the arena to start the lessons. Fishlegs, of course, was the first to follow.

"Now then, who's first?"

Don't forget to vote, it helps out!

🦅—Aquila