Chapter 6

Stoick could do nothing but stare.

"S - Son?" He asked.

At that, Hiccup snapped.

"Don't call me that!" He growled, eyes flashing. "I was never a son to you. I was always an embarrassment, and nothing more! You never listened! You never treated me as a Viking!" He began to shake with pure rage. And suddenly his eyes flared, and became red.

"Hiccup, your ey-" began Eret.

Hiccup continued, too angry to listen. "Everyone called me Useless. You didn't even bother to stop them! You just turned a blind ear to it. My only real friend was Gobber." His eyes became slits, and began to glow.

"Hiccup, listen to me-"

"He was like a father to me. The father I never had! And you got your wish. You drove me away! And I hope you're happy now. You never-" And suddenly his eyes flashed blindingly bright, and he collapsed, out cold. The people present gasped.

Astrid, who had remained silent throughout the entire time, broke into action. She dropped down beside him and felt for a pulse.

"His pulse is very weak!" She exclaimed.

"Bring him to the Bewilderbeast!" Valka muttered. She lifted her son onto Toothless, and vaulted onto Cloudjumper.

"Go, Toothless!" She muttered, and the two dragons raced out, leaving the others behind, stunned.

"Follow them, Skullcrusher!" Astrid came up with an idea. Skullcrusher sniffed, then let out a roar, and began to track their scent.

------🦅------

When they arrived, Valka laid Hiccup down in front of the Bewilderbeast, and Cloudjumper began to explain.

"My king, the little one is sick. He grew too angry, and his power came before it should. You must help him!"

Toothless began to run in circles, very distraught.

"You must help him!" He repeated.

"Yes, Bluefire. I will help the little one." The Bewilderbeast reassured. Toothless stopped, surprised. He had not been called his old name for over five years.

"Go now. I must be alone if I am to heal him." Toothless left, followed closely by Cloudjumper, who was chivying Valka out.

Alone, the King gave a dragon sigh, and began.

------🦅------

"What are they doing?" Asked Astrid.

"I don't know. They won't let us in!" Replied Brigitta.

The group of dragon riders were waiting near the entrance to the cave. All the dragons were pacing up and down, refusing to let anyone any further down the corridor.

Most of the riders were trying to get in. Most, but not all. Stoick and Valka were waiting further behind the rest.

"What sign did I have that you could change, Stoick? That anyone on Berk could? I pleaded so many times to stop the fighting, to find another answer, but did any of you listen? I know that I left you to raise Hiccup alone. And I was wrong, I see that now." Valka explained.

"I know, Val. It's okay. We were wrong. We should have listened. Will you come home? Will you be my wife once again? We could be a family! What do you say?" Stoick asked.

"Well... Yes!" Exclaimed Valka. And they moved closer and embraced each other, for the first time in twenty years.

"Hey, look! They're letting us in!"

A shout came from further up the passage. They ran up the passage, apprehensive as to what might have happened...

And they saw Hiccup, awake and healthy, standing next to Toothless, scratching under his ear-fins and smiling.

There was a dischordant chorus of variants on "Hiccup! You're okay!" from the riders. Valka ran to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. He smiled, and put his hand on top of hers.

"I'm really glad you're here, Mom."

"Hiccup. Listen to me." Stoick stepped forward. Hiccup's expression hardened, and he looked coldly at his father.

"You were always my son, Hiccup. I always loved you, I just found it hard to express it. You know why I never let you go to dragon training, or go out in a dragon raid?

'Because I was too afraid you would be hurt or taken. I never meant to drive you away. You have no idea how much I've missed you over the past five years. I'm sorry. Will you come back to Berk? We can be a family, together."

Hiccup said nothing. He looked directly at his father, and took a deep breath.

"If Toothless can come as well. I won't leave him." And his voice cracked. He hung his head. "I'm so sorry." He mumbled. "I never knew." And a single tear slid from his eye. Valka and Stoick came to him and the three hugged, and stayed that way for a long while, all troubles forgotten.

Reunited.

------🦅------

"We leave for Berk tomorrow. Your last lesson with the King is today. What is he teaching you? I'm sure we would all like rto know." Brigitta said.

Preparations were being made for the journey back to Berk. Hiccup had nearly completed his training, and today he would learn to transform into a Night Fury, and find out if he was the one the legend referred to.

"Okay. Thank you, Brigitta. I'm sorry, I can't tell you. I'd better go." Hiccup replied, and left the icy antechamber, heading for the main cave, in which the Bewilderbeast slept.

Upon his arrival, the King looked up.

"Ah, you have arrived. Good." He blew a little frost into Hiccup's hair affectionately. Hiccup smiled and brushed it out. "I hear you are leaving tomorrow."

"Yes, King. I am." Hiccup replied.

"The best of luck to you."

"Thank you."

"Now, to business. Close your eyes, and as we practised yesterday, concentrate on a Night Fury. Think of what it must feel like to be one. Try to create the experience in your mind. And then, feel the essence of a Night Fury creep into your veins. Let it fill you up. Will it to fill you up." The King instructed.

Hiccup did as the King said. He concentrated hard, willing himself to become a Night Fury. After a few seconds, just as he thought it would not work...

A resounding crack echoed throughout the entire dragon nest and in Hiccup's place stood not a human, but a Night Fury.

A Night Fury with white lightning patterns crisscrossing it's wings.

1,026 words! Whew! Well, It's finally happened, Hiccup the Night Fury!

Don't forget to vote, it helps out!

🦅—Aquila