Chapter 5

Hey guys! Sorry about the delay, but here is chapter 5!

10 votes for the next chapter please (it should still be out in a days time!)

I hope you enjoy the chapter! Team Rafael and Daniel will be making appearances tonight!

- Andrea

5.

1.30 (Two beers and half a questionable drink in)

I must admit, I'm starting to feel a little light headed now.

Whether it's the sweet smelling drink in my hand, the crowded kitchen or the thumping music blasting through the speakers.

The flat smells like sweat, alcohol and pizza.

Not that I mind. Right now, my mind is floating, I'm in a different space.

A slightly incoherent one at that.

After my conversation with Beckett, I lost him in the crowds. I guess I'll never know what he was going to say.

Maybe the lab will be more awkward than usual next week.

At this point, who really cares?

I need to party.

I need to have fun.

RIGHT NOW!

As I lean against the kitchen counter top, I spot the best person for helping me achieve that.

My eyes light up as a head of ebony hair catches my eye.

"RAFAEL!" I shout, unable to hide the excitement in my voice.

Despite the rather frosty relationship the two of us share at work, I have an inkling that this med student knows how to party. He will be the perfect distraction for the rest of the night.

"Sam!" He grins, sauntering over to me, a beer in one hand and an empty shot glass in the other. "How is my little princess?"

I roll my eyes, "Getting there."

"Right" He drawls, leaning over the counter to match my eye level. "Tell me how much you've had to drink."

I shrug, "Two beers, and this..."

He lets out a loud laugh in response, banging his palm down against the counter top and frightening some random blonde girl in the process.

"You're such a lightweight Sam! I thought you were better than this!"

"Whatever Rafael, I invited you so you could help me have a semi-ok night, not pick on me."

"Sure, sure..." He replies, winking at me before downing the rest of his beer. "So what do you want to do?"

"Forget about everything."

"Alright, that's pretty deep for this hour. Save that kind of chat for three AM, alright? How about we take this outside and join in one of the games?"

Just then, two slender arms wrap around my shoulders and there's a familiar giggle in my ear.

"Yeah! Come on Sam!" Leigh starts, "We're playing spin the bottle!"

Rafael says nothing, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

"Fine. Let's play that." I sigh, following Leigh as she drags me out of the kitchen.

We end up sitting on the grass in the backyard, in a circle of about twenty people, many of whom I don't know.

In the centre of us all, is a large bottle of vodka.