Chapter 4- Evesdropping

If they're really that powerful, I wonder why they need my help. What's so important about life that it makes them feel powerless?

In the books Dracula is a name, not a royal position. My ears are still on the door, hoping that they would spill out more information. This would be wonderful for a story. They talk, I write, and I sell. It's that easy right?

"I take it back," added Mercedes, I'm pretty sure that majority of them flinched. "Pardon me?" Dracula-slash-mister-shark-teeth replied, with a higher tone. "Are you questioning my power and my position as your Dracula?"

"Mercedes!" The lady called Gwen warned Mercedes. Still, Mercedes disobeyed. "It is written in section 1, rule 8, in the book of the Vimmortals, year 1284, that a Dracula must be married to a pure blooded vampire before he turns one thousand. He and the supposed bride must share a mutual feeling of love. Your nine hundred ninety-nine years old aren't you Dracula?"

I was surprised when someone banged the table, obviously it was Dracula. "Calm down Señor Dracula, he doesn't know what he's saying," another lady said.

"SURE HE DOESN'T!" Dracula boomed, everybody inside the room were suddenly hysterical, ten to one avoiding Dracula to make any contact with Mercedes. "YOU IMBECILE, YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO TREAT DRACULA LIKE THAT!" Shouted the other lady with a Spanish accent.

I'm not safe here, I thought to myself. I want to drag my feet towards my room, but I'm scared that someone might be watching the other hallway.

"So strong of you to call me an imbecile, Emma, I believe that no one came abide the law. Not even Dracula himself," Mercedes mentioned in a calm tone. Emma. Emma's the girl who defended Dracula from all the trouble Mercedes has made. Where does he get the guts to speak to his leader just like that? Though I find him strong for saying his opinion. "Leave now," hissed Dracula, sitting once again.

The door swiftly opened, my jaw was left hanging when Mercedes and I were already face-to-face. Blond hair, red eyes, and a strong charisma, just like Dracula's. I felt my heart beat so fast, would he tell Dracula that I've been roaming around without permission? I hope not. I was surprised when he just looked at me, looked away, and ran. Ran very very fast.

The door was left open. I could hear Dracula say "Leave all of you," that's when my lips turned pale. Everyone except him is already ran in just a jiffy. They run so fast that they didn't even notice that I'm simply standing, listening to their conversation.

When I heard another noise coming from the dining room, I started running until I reached my room. There, Mercedes is seated on my bed. "What are you doing here?" I said in my most polite tone. He stared blankly at me and said, "Why? Do you stay here?"

Nice question. Would you understand if I tell you that there's a hundred percent chance that it was Dracula who brought me to this room? Or would it cause more commotion to the both of you?

"Ah, yes. I do stay here," I whispered in a shaky tone. Mercedes smiled a fake smile. "Human, and a female. How adorable of Dracula to do that. He must really hate me this much to bring a female stranger to my room."

I don't think he was talking to me; he was talking to himself. And besides, he also suspects that it was Dracula's idea to bring me here.

Rude. My first impression of him is rude. He grabbed my left arm and dragged me outside the bedroom door. On the door said: Mercedes

Question answered. This peaceful room obviously isn't mine. Kudos to Dracula for worsening my situation. He could have placed me in a room that nobody owns. Olivia Moon where do you stay now?