1.

( these next few chapters will be told in the 1400's ;) )

It was just around sunset were every little detail of Italy came alive. I do this everyday because my mom loved doing this with me before she died of terrible animal attack. For now I live with my father and older brother Jonathan he thinks I'm a little girl still I have to remind him I'm 18 not 8.

"Irina come back inside you will freeze" Jonathan yelled. I mentally roll my eyes to him.

"I'll be in just a moment" I said back. I looked at the sunset one more time and then went inside.

"You know my darling if you were out longer you could got attacked by an animal just like your mother" my father said trying to stay calm.

"I'm sorry father I just wanted to enjoy it" I said apologetically. "I'll see you in the morning night father and night Jonathan" I said and walked up to my room.

I found my dairy and decided to write what happened today.

Dear diary,
They are getting more worried from me because there was another animal attack. Italy used to be safe now there are animal attacks everywhere. No one is safe. These animal attacks are not normal because it is a bite to the neck and drained of blood every time I ask Jonathan or my father they just brush me off. I know something is wrong and I'm going to find out one way or another.

After I was done writing in my dairy I thought it was time for bed until I herd my father and Jonathan talking and then nothing. I decided to go and check and see if everything is okay.

"It's not safe here anymore I think there on to us we have to let her go, ship her off somewhere else than here" I herd my father say quietly.

"What do you want me to do compel her to leave I can't do that to her" Jonathan said.

"Yes that is why me and your mother kept you around to protect her from the vampires" father said in a harsh tone. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Vampires? I thought they only existed in fairy tales this can't be right.

I quietly walked back upstairs and fell asleep. I woke up and changed into a white dress then I remember what happened I need to write it down for safe keeping.

Dear diary,
I overheard last night that there are vampires and I am in danger. I don't want to believe it's real but my own brother is a vampire. Could I be in danger? I'm writing this down just in case if I forget because my father said that my brother needs to compel me? What is compel anyway? I will write tomorrow if all goes well.

I walked downstairs and nobody is home so I decided to make myself breakfast.

~After breakfast~

I was walking outside when I heard screaming I didn't want to see what happens because it might be another animal attack.

"Please help me...please" I hear a women scream. I run to where the screaming is coming from. When I get there it is a most horrifying site I ever seen. There is so much blood.

"Oh thank goodness you here there was a person with this horrifying face that I have ever seen and he killed my family" she said while sobbing.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I tell her to go home and wash up and get the bodies later.

I walk home rather quickly. When I open the doors I hear my father screaming.

"YOU KILLED A WHOLE FAMILY!!"

"I didn't know what came over me I was just hungry and then the next thing I knew I saw people dead." I can't believe my own brother killed innocent people.

"Go get cleaned up before Irina gets home" my father said calmly. I heard footsteps and before I knew it my brother walked in with blood all over himself with a shocked face.

"Father" he said in a worried tone. He walked in and looked directly at me.

"Irina we can explain" he said. I was shocked at the fact how calm he was my own brother killed almost and entire family.

"Explain how my own brother is a vampire how I'm endanger to who knows what!" I was angry. My father looked at my brother and nodded his head. What were they going to do kill me?!

Next thing I new was that Jonathan was in front of me within seconds it kinda terrified me a little.

"You will forget about you being endanger and how vampires exist and you will live in England with the Lord Mikealson's you will be leaving in two days and I how I have to stay behind to take care of dad" he said. I repeated everything he said and my father said that I should go to bed.

I wrote in my journal about the day and went to bed because I was tired. I would be leaving in two days to go to England I wondered what it's like there if it is better then Italy or worse or just about the same. But for now I need some sleep.

I woke up with the sun fluttering in though the curtains. I just couldn't wait to go to England.