Chapter 2

He opened boxes, looked on shelves, even went through her drawers (Raven would later wonder about a missing pair of her undergarments). He just couldn't find the darn thing! He was thinking about opening a scary looking chest when he heard footsteps outside the door.

Raven was back!

Turning into a spider he quickly crawled underneath her bed and started shaking out of fear. While he waited to be crushed he took a good look around and was greeted by lint and the sight of a familiar book. Her diary! It was here under the bed!

The door slid open and she entered her room, tea in hand. Eventually, he heard a creak as she laid down on her bed and began sipping her drink.

He had just began to wonder how long he would have to wait, before she finally moved again.

Going over towards the chest she opened it and pulled out a simple leather-bound journal along with an ink pen. Intrigued he scuttled closer for a better view. He could just barely make out a word printed along the front cover.

In gold cursive lettering, the word DIARY was spelled out.

Wait..what?!

If that was Raven's diary, then what was the other book...?

After Raven picked up her diary she left the room, presumably for the roof. This was his chance!

He reverted back to himself and reached under the bed for the book that piqued his curiosity. Opening it up and flipping through he saw words printed on every page.

Okay, so it wasn't her diary (he could look for that later), it was a book. But why was she so secretive? Her bookmark was nearly towards the end so she'd clearly enjoyed reading it. Upon closer inspection he realized the cover sheet didn't quite fit the book.

Beast Boy slowly slid the cover off and his eyes grew wide.

Whoa.

He didn't know Raven read those kinds of books.

The book's title proudly proclaimed Fifty Shades of Grey.

Well, it wasn't quite what Beast Boy was expecting, but he decided he could make it work nevertheless. With that thought, he headed out to the bookstore.

FLASH FORWARD TWO HOURS TO THE COMMON ROOM

The door slid open announcing Beast Boy's arrival to the dinner table. The other Titans were already there waiting for him.

"Nice of you to finally join us, where've you been? It's not like you to be late on pizza night." Robin inquired.

"Yeah, sorry. I had something I needed to do." He said covertly glancing towards Raven. This did not go unnoticed by the young detective and he glanced between them, wondering what Beast Boy was up to.

With one hand behind his back, Beast Boy nervously approached Raven.

She glanced up at him curiously as he pulled out a box from behind his back and held it out to her. It was sloppily wrapped with green paper and copious amounts of tape and dinosaur stickers.

Glancing at it she raised an eyebrow.

He sheepishly shrugged, "I ran out of tape."

"What's this for, Beast Boy?"

"Nothing, can't a guy just get a good female friend a present without the third degree?"

"Not when it's you doing the gifting. Is this going to be another prank?"

"Nope! It's something you'll like, I promise!" He said crossing his heart.

She watched him suspiciously and began to open the gift. The other Titans leaned over the counter waiting anxiously to see what was inside.

She pulled open the gift to reveal-

Raven quickly slammed the cover back on the box in record time.

Her face turned an unearthly shade of red and the pizza exploded as she angrily yelled," BEAST BOY!!!!!"

He didn't know how it had happened.

One moment he was there in Titans' Tower, the next, he found himself in the middle of the ocean with nobody in sight.

Coughing he pulled himself up onto a nearby rock and collapsed, sputtering up water.

After a moment of catching his breath he looked up at the sky and sighed.

"Aww man. I thought for sure Fifty Shades Darker would win me some brownie points!"