Chapter 4

When Beast Boy said he knew "just the place", somehow Raven didn't quite imagine it would be this...

"Beast Boy...what are we doing here?"

"Whadayya mean?"

"Well, when you said you knew a place, I didn't really think this was what you had in mind. But, knowing you I guess I should have predicted something like this."

"Yeah, you really should have." Beast Boy said, and then he shot her a goofy grin and winked. "But you're stuck with me now, Rae!"

Ordinarily, Raven would have lightly smacked him by now for the "Rae" thing , but him winking at her had somehow suddenly erased all her coherent thoughts.

Luckily her train of thought quickly reestablished itself in time for her to duck out the way as an errant puck went sailing over her head.

"Sorry!" A man sheepishly yelled as his partner ran to go pick up the flying puck and resume their game of air hockey.

Raven just glared.

If there was one place she hated, it was the arcade.

"DUDDEEEE!!! NO WAY!" Beast Boy exclaimed as he saw a sign that read "Laser Tag".

"Rae, can we..?!"

"No."

"But-"

"No."

"Just one-"

"No!"

Beast Boy flinched at her yell and decided that maybe now wasn't the best time to push his luck.

"Okay okay, fine. Well then what do you want to do?" He asked, waiting for her response.

"I want to go home and forget I ever agreed to this ridiculous outing." Raven muttered, shuddering internally as she watched a young boy sneeze all over the buttons on a nearby machine.

Upon hearing this, Beast Boy's spirit dropped. He was trying really hard to make her like him, but clearly she already regretted even agreeing to spend any time with him. If that was the case, then the chances of her falling for him in the next eleven days were slim to none! But, he wouldn't give up, he decided. He simply liked her too much for that.

"Ah c'mon, Rae! I mean, I know it might not be your favorite place and all but just give it a try! Pleeaaassseeee...?" He begged, making the puppy dog eyes at her.

She tried to quickly look away, but it was too late. The damage had been done.

Raven sighed, "Fine. I'll use my precious time and watch while you waste money on whatever childish games you want to play. But don't expect me to participate."

It wasn't exactly what Beast Boy would've liked, but he'd take what he could get...for now. He figured he could always catch her off guard and spring the puppy dog eyes on her again if needed. And watching her looking around warily in mild disgust at all the machines, he anticipated that that move would become very useful in his next few hours.

"Awesome! Hmmm, okay...well then how about some skeeball to start?" He suggested, already leading her over to that section of the arcade.

"Whatever." Raven uttered, slowly floating alongside him as he led her towards-

She stopped suddenly.

"Okay. Fine. That one looks intriguing." Raven grudgingly admitted as she watched a grown man pound a mallet on to unsuspecting mechanical moles that kept popping up.

Beast Boy turned to see what had grabbed her attention and gasped.

"Dude, no! That's like, promoting animal abuse! I can turn into a mole, you know?!"