Chapter 3

Okay, so obviously his last idea to impress her was a total disaster...but what else could he do?

It was the morning after the incident and Beast Boy was on his bed pondering new strategies.

"Eleven days, I've only got eleven chances left to make her mine...She didn't like my gift, in fact she hasn't spoken to me since I gave it to her. She's just been holed up in her weird room...Wait! Maybe that's it!"
__________________________________

Knock knock

After a short waiting period, Raven called through the door.

"What do you want Beast Boy?"

"Hey, how'd you know it was me?" He questioned as the door slid open slightly and Raven's eye peeked out.

"I always know when it's you, your emotions are very loud."

For some reason this made Beast Boy smile widely at her.

Suddenly Raven felt the all too familiar tingling in her stomach and her face grew hot.

Wary that he would notice the slight redness of her cheeks, she scowled at him and repeated herself.

"What do you want Beast Boy?"

He saw her scowl and silently hoped she wouldn't kill him for interrupting her reading.

"Well I was kinda just thinking this morning that-"

"There's a surprise."

"Hey! Are you implying that I can't think?"

"No."

"Oh...okay then. So yeah, I was thinking that you've gotta be bored just sitting around in your room all day. And well, I'm a superhero so it's kind of my job to save people. I thought maybe I'd come over here and save you from boredom!"

Raven just stared blankly at him. "What does that even mean, Beast Boy?"

"Err, well...go out with me...?"

Raven flinched a bit, but quickly hid her surprise.  "Is that a question or a statement?" She asked smirking at him.

"Both..?"

She just shook her head. "Sorry Beast Boy, maybe some other time."

When the door clicked shut, Beast Boy slowly slumped to the floor next to her room and sighed.

"Damn it! How am I supposed to win her over if she never even leaves her room?! I already blew through one day, and I've only got eleven left! If I can't get her to fall in love with me, I'll be a laughing stock! I'll never be able to show my face in the common room again! We'll have to start buying paper bags by bulk just so I can leave the tower! Cyborg, Robin, even Star will disown me as a friend! Not to mention Raven won't ever speak to me again without laughing her ass off at me like that first day! It'll just be a downward spiral of misery and despair and more bad things that my limited vocabulary can't comprehend! I'll never get married or have a family, never have to go to the store and get my future wife tampons against my will! I won't even be thought of as a superhero to the people anymore, instead I'll just be that guy who failed to win Raven's heart after he said he would. Eventually, I'll grow old and die alone and my former friends will choreograph an entire dance routine just to perform on top of my grave-"

"Congratulations Beast Boy, that's probably the most morbid internal monologue I've ever heard and I read some pretty dark stuff." Raven said smirking down at him.

Beast Boy had been so wrapped up in his speech that he didn't even realize her door had slid open.

"Raven? What are you doing out of your room? Change your mind?" He asked hopefully, picking himself up off the floor to stand in front of her.

"As a matter of fact, no. I didn't change my mind."

"Oh. Okay." He said in a dejected voice and he turned to leave.

Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Beast Boy."

He glanced back at her, "Yeah, what's up?"

"So where are we going?"

He could only stare. "Huh?"

She just looked at him as if she thought he was a moron. "I said, where are we going?"

"What do you mean, Raven? I thought you didn't want to go out with me?"

"Beast Boy, it's 11:56."

"Yeah, so?"

"You asked me at 11:45, I told you some other time. Now it is 11:56 which is not 11:45, therefore it is some other time. Now let's go."

"I have no idea what that even means, but you don't have to tell me twice! C'mon, I know just the place!" He grabbed her by the hand and pulled her towards the elevator after him.

"Don't worry Rae, this is gonna be awesome!"

With a slight longing in her eyes, Raven stared at the goofy grin on Beast Boy's face.

"It already is." She muttered under her breath.

"What was that, Rae?"

"Nothing...and it's Raven."

Then the elevator doors closed and they descended towards the ground floor.