Part 7

When Mat and the others got in the car, he switched himself off. He didn't listen to any of the conversations. Ben had his head turned to face the others and they were all engaging in a conversation that he didn't care to pay any attention too. And he stayed like that for the rest of the journey.

"Ben oh my goooood!" Martha whispered during the conversation about their lives, "He sooooo wants you! You've gotta go for it!"
"He doesn't even know I'm gay." Ben chewed his lip and whispered back.
"Look, we can't talk like this. Here." Larry said and took out his phone. He unlocked it an set up a group chat called 'BAYBOND 4 LYF!!!!' and added Martha, Jim, Simon and Ben into it.

Simon:
Why is this necessary?

Martha:
We need to plan how Ben is gonna make a move on Mat!

Larry:
Wasn't it obvious?

Jim:
Martha's right. We can't keep talking while Mat's in the car with us.

Ben:
Guys honestly I can't do this.

Simon:
Of course you can!

Jim:
We're all behind you!

Martha:
We just need to strategically set up a plan for Mat to break and admit his feelings for you. It may be subtle, but he also may blurt it out.

Larry:
Personally I'm hoping for the latter.

Ben:
Larry! The little prince will take his time.

Simon:
Ewwwwwww

Martha:
Simon! I think it's a cute name.

Jim:
No, Simon's right. Ben, do you want to be any more gay?

Ben:
Yes, actually. I've packed speedos and pink shirts. And, fuckkkkkk guys!

Larry:
What?????

Ben:
When me and Mat were packing my stuff, he was going through my draws...

Martha:
NO!

Simon:
HE DIDN'T

Ben:
He did. He saw them ALL

Jim:
Guys I'm confused...

Larry:
Let's just say that Ben is very... Experimental... In bed.

Martha:
In bed with himself

Ben:
HEY

Simon:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ben:
I've been saving myself for the little prince!

Martha:
What did he do when he saw them?

Ben:
He told me to pack them...

Martha:
W H A T

Larry:
HE WHAT

Jim:
HOLY SHIT

Simon:
Wow. Just wow.

Ben:
I know

Martha:
He soooo wants you

Simon:
Yeah when are you gonna realise that??

Ben:
When I know for sure.

Larry:
What will convince you? You've already almost had sex and he's also asked you to take dildos and chains and blindfolds and shit to Ireland with us.

Ben:
That doesn't mean anything.

Martha:
I GIVE UP ON YOU!

Martha has left

Ben added Martha

Ben:
RUDE!!

Martha:
I LEFT FOR A REASON!

"Guys, if you're done on your phones, we've arrived." Mat said and turned the engine off.
The other five looked up from their phones and gazed, open-mouthed, at the 'holiday home'.
"You call this a holiday home?" Ben whispered.
"Mansion more like!" Martha gasped.
"Welcome to mi casa!" Mat giggled and opened the boot.
Everyone took out their cases and Mat got out his keys and unlocked the door. They all flooded in and followed Mat up the stairs, but Simon put his stuff in one of the lounges he would be sleeping in.
Martha and Larry headed to the middle floor where they would be sharing a room, and Jim begrudgingly took the room opposite them, already knowing he'd be woken up by 'noises' in the middle of the night.
Ben followed Mat to the top floor where they headed in to bedrooms joined together separated with only a thin wall. Mat ran into what Ben assumed was his favourite room and Ben just walked into the one next to it. As Ben walked in he realised that there a door attaching their rooms. This would be fun.
"Mat?" Ben said as he peaked through the door that split their rooms.
"Yes? Oh, by the way, don't be afraid to speak through the walls. The walls are as thin as they could make them. It's like talking through rice paper." Mat replied.
"Oh, I was just wondering where all the other stuff was, and if there was any food? I'm starving." Ben shifted subtly into Mat's room while he was unpacking.
"I'll show you the other stuff later, I'm sure the others can find it for themselves, and there is a room for food storage downstairs and another room for cooking. I have two people who work for me... Ish. They're family, but they help out as you can't get cooking better than theirs. They're my cousins. They're sisters. Jenny and Eleanor. I think I've told you about them before?" Mat explained.
"Oh yes! The cousins good at cooking. I recall you telling me about them. They're inseparable, right?" Ben remembered.
"Yes. They're twins. They've been inseparable their whole lives. They learnt to cook together and holy shit they're good." Mat laughed, "But I pay them. Plus, this is their house. They use it to learn to cook. And have parties."
"They sound like fun. I hope I'll get to know them." Ben smiled. Then his phone buzzed, "Shit." He said through his teeth.
"What's up?" Mat questioned.
"Oh, nothing. Just my ex-boyfriend." Ben brushed off, smiling slyly.
"B-boyfriend?" Mat stuttered.
"Yeah...?" Ben said, fake confused.
"You're bisexual?" Mat asked.
"Nononononono! I'm gay as all hell!" Ben laughed.
"W-wait, what? Since when?" Mat asked.
"Since around when I met you." Ben winked and went back into his room to unpack his stuff and left Mat speechless to finish unpacking his stuff.

Later, after Mat and Ben had finished unpacking and Mat had gotten over his shock, he decided to show Ben around the home.
"This is the tennis courts." Mat said as Ben laid his tennis stuff by the side of the courts, "This is the gardens." Mat pointed out the window to the acres of land stretching out of the back side of the house, "And I'll show you the hot springs after dinner. It'll be nice to relax in them after the long journey." Mat said and grinned at Ben's nervous reaction, "Jenny's already started warming them and put bubbles with them. El just texted me saying dinner was ready. We'll be eating with them. We're having stir fry, is that okay?" Mat asked.
"Yes I fucking love stir fry!" Ben squealed and ran downstairs. Mat giggled and headed out after him and followed him closely down the stairs until they got to the dining area.
"Smells amazing, guys!" Mat shouted as he walked to the kitchens which was attached by an empty doorframe.
"Thanks Matty." Jenny laughed as El served the portions up on eight plates.
Ben looked at Mat, "Matty?" He asked, a large smile on his face.
El looked up from the plates and clocked that Ben was standing next to Mat and gave Jenny a nudge. She followed El's gaze and gave Mat a smirk. El winked at them both and she and Jenny both left the kitchen with plates in their hands.
"Yeah... They've always called me that. They're both five years younger than me and have called me that since they were born." Mat said, trying to distract Ben from the girls' obvious actions.
"Interesting." Ben said as he decided he would have a talk with El and Jenny.
"IT'S SERVED!" Jenny shouted.
"Sorry, they've been living here for most of their lives. They're both very... What should I say..." Mat trailed off.
"Irish?" Ben laughed as he thought about their strong Irish accents.
"Yes. Very Irish." Mat giggled as he felt Ben put his arm around him and they walked into the kitchens, Ben getting knowing looks from the idiots, and Mat getting knowing looks from the girls, who were already chatting with Martha, much to his amusement.