The Storm

Jul Mudama was feeling proud of his Covenant.

Years after the glorious collection fell with the prophets fled the galaxy, the Covenant had fallen apart, with few to pick up the pieces.

Risking his life, and the ones of many others, Jul formed the Storm.

A mere skeleton of the great Covenant, while they lacked the ship's and firepower of it, they carried the spirit of it and the willingness to die in the name of the gods.

And it was all they needed for now.

Standing on the deck of his assault carrier, Jul could practically feel the glory radiating from the world ahead of them. They witnessed a human ship, plus a few others, get sucked inside helplessly after they were firing upon one another.

Obviously they upset the gods, but we will not make such an error.

Besides his carrier, three CCS-Battlecruisers and two CRS-light cruisers waited, all cloaked in case of more arrivals before they began their task.

"Whatever caused the ship's to be sucked in orbit, is affecting our ships as well, we may have to make a precision jump into the planet to avoid any possible damage." A minor reported to Jul.

"Whatever we need to do, do it quickly." Jul said as he activated the holo-screen on his chair.

Suddenly, alarms roared and sensors illuminated, as a large beam of orange energy swooped towards the fleet, scanning them and causing systems to malfunction.

And quickly after, the planet opened, and the Covenant soon became just as helpless as the humans were.

Requiem

Chief.

After a long time of black, John's mind wandered back to the events on Halo, after Reach had fallen, and when he met Cortana.

Chief.
His thoughts drifted to the battle of Earth, and when he first met the Arbiter.

Chief?
He remembered the deaths of Johnson and Guilty Spark, and activating halo inside the Ark.

Chief!
Then he remembered escaping through the dawn, far away from anyone he knew.

"Chief! Are you alright?"

His eyes started to open, slowly, as he heard Cortana yelling into his helmet.

"Good to see you're okay."

He started to move his head around, looking at the wreckage of the dawn until he finally stood up.

He shook his head, shaking off some of the tense feelings in his body, as his mind few alert and remembered there present situation.

"Cortana, where did the pods land?" He looked among the wreckage.

"Oh yes, the pods carrying the Republic soldiers made it through, and I believe they landed less than a kilometer or so away. The Republic ships, however, didn't make it as well as I had hoped. Only one of their ships are barely intact, and are far from here."

"And the droid's they were fighting?" He walked towards what looked like an armory, and found both an intact assault rifle and battle rifle, plus a couple grenades.

"They seemed to have faired better than the Republic did. Their shop crashed by a canyons only a few kilometers away, who knows how many could have survived."

As she finished, several droid fighters swarmed overhead, followed by a pair of what looked like some kind of dropships.

"They must have discovered the pods! Chief, I doubt they'll last long."

"Right." Chief nodded, and ran towards a slightly damaged vehicle bay, and found an intact warthog.

"Looks like your luck is at it again chie-Chief." Her voice was distorted again, the recent issues worried Chief, but chose to stay on task.

He flipped the hog back on its wheels, and quickly started it up. Checking that the vehicle was working, he started to drive at a constant fast speed, determined to get to the Republic in time.

"We're getting close, I recommend stopping the hog here so we can sneak up on the droids.

Chief nodded, and parked the hog by a small cave, grabbed what weapons he had, consisting of an assault rifle, a battle rifle, and a grenade he found.
Looking around, he found a path towards a clearing where he saw an explosion light up the area, and was fast to get to work.

He could hear the fighting intensifying as he ran into the clearing. Finding cover, he scanned the battlefield, the 'Jedi' and the other troops were holding out by a cave, and were clearly being overwhelmed by the larger force of droids.

Since their back was turned, he laid waste to the squads of droids with dozens of high caliber rounds from his rifle, decimating them in quick fashion.

A pair of super battle droids fired back, while some of the others continued to attack the Republic forces. Chief ducked under their fire with a roll, then slammed his body into them, sending their disabled bodies into the rock wall.

Another droid fired off multiple shots, with one hitting him on his arm, making his shields light up.

As the weak droid continued to fire, Chief casually fired a burst from his rifle, killing the B1 droid.

"Let's get moving." Cody yelled as he rushed towards chief. "More droids will be here soon."

"Good to see you again, I give my thanks, and invite you to what's left of our ship." Obi wan smirked as he approached Chief.

"Looks like we'll need to get there soon, I've detected droid transports heading to your ships position, and Chief," Cortana sighed, "the Covenant are here."

"I'm assuming there not friends of yours." Obi wan brushed dust off of his clothes, and kept his saber hilt by his belt.

"I'll explain on the way, the best thing to do is grab some gear and head to your ship."

"I agree, this isn't the most comfortable place to be." He followed MasterChief, along with the three clones that survived, into the hog. Chief drove, Obi wan sat in the passenger position, while the clones would try to hold onto the back.

Out of their view, a small, metallic orb with a glowing pink light where an eye would be, followed them ominously.

CAS-Assault carrier
Main deck

When Jul awoke, his eyes felt overwhelmed by the bright light illuminating from a working huragok floating over him.

"I see you are awake, commander." Jul's loyal Lietenant, Gek, said with a hint of humor.

"What happened?" Jul immediately sat up, ignoring the pain in his head.

"Our ships made it through, but some field of energy caused systems to fall apart, and a piece of the ceiling had fallen onto you." Gek gestured the huragok to move, and Jul stood up.

"Losses?"

"Few, a light cruiser was heavily damaged on the 'trip' in, and didn't make it. We've sent drones and banshees to scout the area, it seems the humans were fighting a group of machines, we've discovered the locations of the still intact ships, the one where the machines came from, had landed smoother than the humans, near a large temple-like structure."

Jul snorted like a horse, and walked past Gek, saying, "Send teams to both the ships, and secure that temple. I will be in my quarters until I'm needed

Gek could merely nod as Jul left him alone with the huragok.